HAWKINS-L Archives

Archiver > HAWKINS > 1999-04 > 0924700374

From: <>
Subject: [HAWKINS-L] HAWKINS roll call
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 09:12:54 EDT

All of the postings that I have seen lately have been too far north for my
family. Are there any southern HAWKINS researchers out there?

A young woman by the name of Nancy Ann HAWKINS married into my family on 26
Dec. 1818 in Putnam County, GA. She married Archibald AUTRY. He was born in
1802 in Sampson County, NC. She was born in 1805 but some sources (census)
say she was born in Sampson Co., NC and other say Putnam Co., GA. Because of
her tender young age (13) when she married I rather think she was born in
Putnam Co. This county was on the route most people were taking coming from
eastern NC to GA. It is possible that his wagon train came through and may
have stopped for a while. He and Nancy (or Amy as she is called by some) had
their first 2 children in Putnam Co. and then by 1828 had moved on to Harris
County and had 8 more children there.

Does any one know anything about Nancy Ann? It has been indicated that her
father MIGHT have been Nicholas HAWKINS of Putnam Co.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sandy

This thread: