HCPD-L ArchivesArchiver > HCPD > 1999-05 > 0926553567
Subject: [HCPD-L] LYNCH
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 19:59:27 EDT
Hi: You thought I was tired posting the Runyan material but here comes LYNCH.
Any further information greatly appreciated. Thanks, Judy
>From a history of the Runyan Family, by Forrest Mitchell Runyan (1871-1949)
found in the Ohio State Library, the researcher states Peter Lynch was born
in Dublin, Ireland, 1751. He came to America about 1774, working his way to
the Shenandoah Valley in Old VA. He was employed by Mr.
SAFFRON/SHAVER/SHAFER, whose daughter Hester he married in 1776. He enlisted
in the RW, 10 Dec 1776, for three years. In 1779, Peter moved with his wife
and two children (Abigail and Mary) to what is now West Virginia, settling on
Buffalo Creek. He died in 1825, and is buried in the Clarksburg, WVA
I don't know about him moving to Harrison Co., VA, as early as 1779. He
purchased land in Harrison Co., 1797, on the west side of the West Fork
River, and is mentioned in 1799, as owning land on Isaacs Creek.
In 1802, John & Mary ELSWORTH of Harrison Co., VA, sold to Thomas Cunningham,
Peter LYNCH, Joseph Wilson, Jacob BUMGARDNER, John Collins, David BENNETT,
William Carder, Joseph Castiar and John ELSWORTH, of the same place, 1 acre
for the Methodist Episcopal Church.
In 1804, Peter LYNCH, Owen Tood, Alexander MORRISON, and William RUNYAN,
witnessed a deed when John HAGLE, Jr. of Hamilton Co., OH, sold his land on
Names and exact birthdates for the children of Peter and Hester Lynch are in
Mr. Runyan's genealogy, taken from "the old Lynch Bible":
1) Abigail Lynch, b Shenandoah Valley, VA, 5 Nov 1776; d (prob) Brown Co.,
OH, 1851, bur Bloom Rose Cem., Brown Co.; md Henry RUNYAN, son of William and
Catherine (Custer) Runyan.
2) Mary Lynch, b Shenandoah Valley, VA, 2 Apr 1778; md Harrison Co., VA, 26
Feb 1799, Reuben JOHNSON. Moved to Warren Co., OH.
3) Sophia Lynch, b VA, 14 Feb 1781; d aft. 1848; md Harrison Co., VA, 9 Apr
1801, Abraham RUNYAN, son of John and Susannah (Custer) Runyan. They
migrated first to Warren Co., OH, then in 1811, to Pleasant Twp., Clark Co.,
4) Telitha Lynch, b VA, 24 Feb 1784; md Harrison Co., VA, 17 Feb 1801,
Andrew BUMGARDNER (she was transcribed as Titthin Lynch in the marriage
records); moved to Clark Co., OH. Their dau. Margaret Ann md Clark Co., OH,
23 May 1842, William CURL(e); their son Abraham md Clark Co., OH, 10 Feb
1845, Nancy RUNYAN, dau. of Joseph Runyan and Elizabeth CURL(e).
5) Isaac Lynch, b VA, 2 Oct 1786
6) Susannah Lynch, b VA, 23 May 1789; d Clark Co., OH, 21 Mar 1864; md
Harrison Co., VA, 23 Jan 1810, George RUNYAN, son of John and Susannah
(Custer) Runyan. To Clark Co., OH.
7) Hiram Lynch, b VA, 10 Jan 1792; md Harrison Co., VA, 16 Sep 1811,
Nancy/Ann SOMMERVILLE, dau of John, transcribed SIMERAL in marriage record.
8) John Lynch, b Harrison Co., VA, 8 Jul 1794; md Harrison Co., VA, #1) 10
Feb 1814, Eve POST; and #2) 25 Nov 1824, Mariah CAMPBELL.
9) Peter Lynch, Jr., b Harrison Co., VA, 12 Jan 1797; d 18 Jan 1853; md
Harrison Co., VA, 28 Jan 1819, Jane THOMPSON.
10) Rebecca Lynch, b Harrison Co., VA, 2 Mar 1800; d Harrison Co., 9 Jun
1829; md Harrison Co., 3 Nov 1816, Charles LEWIS, son of Jane (-) Lewis.
Rebecca made her will 2 May 1829, naming husband Charles Lewis and daus.
Ruhama and Jester Jane Lewis.
|[HCPD-L] LYNCH by <>|