HCPD-L Archives

Archiver > HCPD > 2002-09 > 1031787572

From: "Addie Hickman" <>
Subject: Re: [HCPD] Levi Douglass Barbour or Taylor County
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 18:39:32 -0500

Dick I really haven't forgotten. I do so procrastinate. Sorry.

I did a little looking for anything from Denise and here is a message from
her a couple years ago.
****
Denise writes:
I am interested in RADCLIFF
(James, John and William), DOUGLASS(Levi and William), and MERRICK (John and
James). These names I have back to the early 1800's and before.
If anyone can give me any information I would appreciate it. Thank you in
advance.
Have a good day,
Denise Knight
Chesterland, Ohio

3-31-2000

If this does not help you getting in touch with her, you might try HCPD, I
think they keep records of addresses of members as well as past member.
*****

As for Levi what more I can tell you, you may need to prompt me in what you
are most interested in! If you posted your information to the list you
spoke of in your last paragraph, I must have missed it. If it is not too
much trouble I would appreciate receiving it please.

Just in the little bit you wrote August 26, added to my information so I am
sure what you have would be very informative and helpful to me. Since this
is your line, I doubt that I can be much help but will try.

Following is a Genealogy Report on Levi Douglass that married Phoebe going
back as far as I can go. I may have information on some of the branches, if
you are interested in certain ones, I can look. But I would guess you
probably have more than I do coming from the line.

Ancestors of Levi Douglass

Generation No. 1

1. Levi Douglass, born May 11, 1832 in Barbour County, Virginia; died Bef.
April 06, 1874 in WVA. He was the son of 2. John B. Douglass and 3.
Elizabeth "Eliza" Lance. He married (1) Phebe Unknown Bef. 1854.

Generation No. 2

2. John B. Douglass, born Abt. March 20, 1808 in Harrison County, Virginia;
died April 10, 1874 in Barbour, County West Virginia. He was the son of 4.
Levi Douglass, Jr. and 5. Nancy Haley or Hailey. He married 3. Elizabeth
"Eliza" Lance July 24, 1827 in Harrison Co. (W) Viriginia..

3. Elizabeth "Eliza" Lance, born Abt. 1814 in <Barbour, County> Virginia;
died Aft. 1874. She was the daughter of 6. Philip Lance.

Children of John Douglass and Elizabeth Lance are:

1 i. Levi Douglass, born May 11, 1832 in Barbour County, Virginia; died Bef.
April 06, 1874 in WVA; married Phebe Unknown Bef. 1854.

ii. Rebecca Douglass, born Abt. 1833 in Barbour County, VA; died Aft. April
06, 1874.

iii. Mary Douglass, born Abt. 1835 in Barbour County, VA; died Bef. April
06, 1874.

iv. John Douglass, born Abt. 1838 in <Barbour County,> VA; died Bef. April
06, 1874; married Margaret A. Hickman December 22, 1864 in Barbour Co., West
Virginia; born Abt. 1844 in Barbour Co., (W) Va..

v. Elizabeth Douglass, born Abt. 1840 in <Barbour County,> VA; died March
18, 1871 in Barbour County, WVA; married Isacc Reeder April 15, 1861.

vi. Lydia Douglass, born Abt. 1841 in Barbour County, VA; died Bef. 1860.

vii. Andrew J. Douglass, born Abt. 1845 in Barbour County, VA; died Aft.
1874.

viii. Emily Jane Douglass, born September 1847 in Barbour County, VA; died
Aft. 1910 in Barbour Co., (W) Va; married Martin Amos (Propst) Props, Twin
June 15, 1874 in Barbour County, WVA; born December 25, 1825 in Pendleton
County, Virginia; died October 28, 1925 in Harrison Co., West Virginia..

ix. Melville D. Douglass, born March 08, 1850 in Barbour County, Virginia;
died July 10, 1904; married Emily Jane Cox January 11, 1872; born December
22, 1852 in Barbour County, WVA; died March 10, 1942 in Lewis County, WVA.
Buried Carder Cemetery, Vadis, West Virginia, Lewis County,.

x. Silas Douglass, born 1853 in Barbour Co., (W) Va.; died Aft. April 06,
1874 in West Virginia; married Derinda Jane Boyles 1880 in West Virginia
porbably Barbour County.

xi. Calvin Douglass, born Abt. 1854 in Barbour County, VA; died Aft. 1880;
married Sarah Reynolds.

xii. Mary Ann Douglass, born Abt. 1858 in Barbour County, VA; died Aft.
April 06, 1874; married Welch.

xiii. Nancy Douglass, born Bef. 1860 in Barbour County, VA; died Aft. April
06, 1874; married Ross.

xiv. Alein Douglass, born Abt. 1860.

Generation No. 3

4. Levi Douglass, Jr., born December 11, 1784 in Harrison County, West
Virginia. ; died May 02, 1871 in Harrison, Co., West Virginia. Buried
Douglass Plot, Raccoon Run WVA. He was the son of 8. Levi Douglass and 9.
Nancy Anne Merrick. He married 5. Nancy Haley or Hailey April 25, 1806 in
Harrison, Co., VA, (WV).

5. Nancy Haley or Hailey, born January 11, 1791 in Virginia; died November
27, 1864 in Harrison, Co., VA, (WV). She was the daughter of 10. Anthony
Hailey and 11. Mary Dennison.

Children of Levi Douglass and Nancy Hailey are:

i. Andrew Danes Douglass, born January 27, 1825 in Harrision Co. (W) VA. ;
died August 1901 in Harrision Co. W VA.

ii. John Douglass, born 1807 in Harrison County, ( West) Virginia.

2 iii. John B. Douglass, born Abt. March 20, 1808 in Harrison County,
Virginia; died April 10, 1874 in Barbour, County West Virginia; married
Elizabeth "Eliza" Lance July 24, 1827 in Harrison Co. (W) Viriginia..

iv. Levi D. Douglass, born 1809 in Harrison Co. VA.; died Bet. 1873 - 1874;
married Melinda Unknown; born Abt. 1812.

v. William Joseph Douglass, born December 03, 1810 in Harrison, Co., VA,
(WV); died February 18, 1901 in Barbour County, West Virginia. Buried Nutter
Graveyard, Elk Creek, Barbour County, WV; married Mary "Polly" Nutter May
03, 1832 in Harrison, Co., VA, (WV); born August 04, 1810 in Harrison, Co.,
VA, (WV); died March 29, 1901 in Barbour County, West Virginia.

vi. Enroll Douglass, born 1820 in Harrison Co., West Virginia.; died 1866.

vii. Nancy Douglass, born Abt. 1822 in Harrison Co., West Virginia.

viii. Rebecca Douglass, born Abt. 1824 in Harrison Co., (W)Virginia.

ix. Andrew Dunkin Douglass, born January 27, 1825 in Harrison Co., (W)
Virginia.; died August 21, 1901 in Harrision County, ( W) Virginia.

x. Louisa Atmier Douglass, born Abt. 1826 in Harrison Co., (W) Virginia.

xi. Elred Douglass, born Abt. 1827 in Harrison Co., (W) Virginia.

xii. Ann Douglass, born Abt. 1833 in Harrision County, ( W) Virginia.

6. Philip Lance

Child of Philip Lance is:

3 i. Elizabeth "Eliza" Lance, born Abt. 1814 in <Barbour, County> Virginia;
died Aft. 1874; married John B. Douglass July 24, 1827 in Harrison Co. (W)
Viriginia..

Generation No. 4

8. Levi Douglass, born 1750 in Prince William County, Maryland.; died August
04, 1788 in Elk Creek, Harrison, Co., VA, (WV). He was the son of 16.
William Douglass and 17. Mary Anderson. He married 9. Nancy Anne Merrick
1779 in Harrison or Monongalia County, Virginia..

9. Nancy Anne Merrick, born 1758 in Brunswick, West Augusta County,
Virginia; died 1838 in Harrision County, ( West) Virginia. Buried Harrison
Co. (W)VA. She was the daughter of 18. John Merrick and 19. Ann Thompson.

Children of Levi Douglass and Nancy Merrick are:

i. Anna Douglass, born Abt. 1773 in Virginia.

ii. Thomas Douglass, born Abt. 1779 in Virginia.

iii. Elizabeth Douglass, born 1782 in Harrison Co., West Virginia.

iv. Mary` Douglass, born 1783 in Prince Wm. Harrison Co. VA.

v. John S. Douglass, born 1786 in Harrison Co., West Virginia.; died October
04, 1874.

vi. Rebecca M. Douglass, born Abt. 1788 in Harrison Co., (West) Virginia.

4 vii. Levi Douglass, Jr., born December 11, 1784 in Harrison County, West
Virginia. ; died May 02, 1871 in Harrison, Co., West Virginia. Buried
Douglass Plot, Raccoon Run WVA; married Nancy Haley or Hailey April 25, 1806
in Harrison, Co., VA, (WV).

10. Anthony Hailey He married 11. Mary Dennison.

11. Mary Dennison

Child of Anthony Hailey and Mary Dennison is:

5 i. Nancy Haley or Hailey, born January 11, 1791 in Virginia; died November
27, 1864 in Harrison, Co., VA, (WV); married Levi Douglass, Jr. April 25,
1806 in Harrison, Co., VA, (WV).

Generation No. 5

16. William Douglass, born 1720 in Cecil, MD or Fairfax, Virginia (Addie's
note: NOT SURE THIS IS THE DOUGLAS THAT MARRIED MARY DOUGLASS, WIDOW); died
January 1779 in Montgomery County, Maryland. He was the son of 32. William
Douglass and 33. Mary Scott-Scutt. He married 17. Mary Anderson September
27, 1758 in Stepney Parish, Somerset, MD.

17. Mary Anderson, born January 22, 1726 in <Prince Wm, Harrison Co. VA>
could have been 1727 (Questions arrise as to her maiden name and also
whether or not William Douglass b 1720 was her husband.); died November 27,
1784 in Rockville, Montgomery Co., Maryland.

Children of William Douglass and Mary Anderson are:

8 i. Levi Douglass, born 1750 in Prince William County, Maryland.; died
August 04, 1788 in Elk Creek, Harrison, Co., VA, (WV); married Nancy Anne
Merrick 1779 in Harrison or Monongalia County, Virginia..

ii. Samuel L. Douglass, born September 22, 1759.

18. John Merrick He was the son of 36. James Merrick and 37. Elizabeth
Barron. He married 19. Ann Thompson.

19. Ann Thompson

Child of John Merrick and Ann Thompson is:

9 i. Nancy Anne Merrick, born 1758 in Brunswick, West Augusta County,
Virginia; died 1838 in Harrision County, ( West) Virginia. Buried Harrison
Co. (W)VA; married Levi Douglass 1779 in Harrison or Monongalia County,
Virginia..

Generation No. 6

32. William Douglass, born 1690 in Maryland; died December 1738 in Cecil,
Maryland. He was the son of 64. William Douglass and 65. Anne Unknown. He
married 33. Mary Scott-Scutt Bet. May 15, 1714 - June 08, 1716 in Maryland.

33. Mary Scott-Scutt, born September 18, 1693 in Maryland; died Bet. 1749 -
1750 in Cecil, Maryland. She was the daughter of 66. John Scott-Scutt and
67. Catherine Unknown.

Child of William Douglass and Mary Scott-Scutt is:

16 i. William Douglass, born 1720 in Cecil, MD or Fairfax, Virginia (Addie's
note: NOT SURE THIS IS THE DOUGLAS THAT MARRIED MARY DOUGLASS, WIDOW); died
January 1779 in Montgomery County, Maryland; married Mary Anderson September
27, 1758 in Stepney Parish, Somerset, MD.

36. James Merrick, born August 01, 1690 in St. Michael's Talbot Co., MD.;
died May 07, 1760 in Talbot County, MD. He was the son of 72. John Merrick
and 73. Jane Walker. He married 37. Elizabeth Barron December 10, 1713 in
Talbot County, MD..

37. Elizabeth Barron, born 1690 in Talbot County, MD.

Child of James Merrick and Elizabeth Barron is:

18 i. John Merrick, married Ann Thompson.

Generation No. 7

64. William Douglass, born Abt. 1665 in Nandua, Somerset Co., Maryland; died
1747 in Vulcan's Rest, Cecil County, Maryland. He was the son of 128.
William Douglass. He married 65. Anne Unknown.

65. Anne Unknown, born Bef. 1690 in <Cecil, Maryland>.

Child of William Douglass and Anne Unknown is:

32 i. William Douglass, born 1690 in Maryland; died December 1738 in Cecil,
Maryland; married Mary Scott-Scutt Bet. May 15, 1714 - June 08, 1716 in
Maryland.

66. John Scott-Scutt He married 67. Catherine Unknown.

67. Catherine Unknown

Child of John Scott-Scutt and Catherine Unknown is:

33 i. Mary Scott-Scutt, born September 18, 1693 in Maryland; died Bet.
1749 - 1750 in Cecil, Maryland; married William Douglass Bet. May 15, 1714 -
June 08, 1716 in Maryland.

72. John Merrick He married 73. Jane Walker.

73. Jane Walker

Child of John Merrick and Jane Walker is:

36 i. James Merrick, born August 01, 1690 in St. Michael's Talbot Co., MD.;
died May 07, 1760 in Talbot County, MD; married Elizabeth Barron December
10, 1713 in Talbot County, MD..

Generation No. 8

128. William Douglass, born Abt. 1641 in Northampton County, Virginia. He
was the son of 256. Edward Douglass, Lt. Col. and 257. Isabella.

Child of William Douglass is:

64 i. William Douglass, born Abt. 1665 in Nandua, Somerset Co., Maryland;
died 1747 in Vulcan's Rest, Cecil County, Maryland; married Anne Unknown.

Generation No. 9

256. Edward Douglass, Lt. Col., born 1616; died 1657 in Northampton County,
Virginia. He was the son of 512. Edward Douglass and 513. Janet Phelane?. He
married 257. Isabella Bef. 1640.

257. Isabella, born in Mogothhy Bay, Northampton County, Virginia.

Children of Edward Douglass and Isabella are:

128 i. William Douglass, born Abt. 1641 in Northampton County, Virginia.

ii. Elizabeth Douglass

iii. Sara Douglass

iv. Edward Douglass

Generation No. 10

512. Edward Douglass, born Abt. 1590 in Scotland; died Bef. 1644. He married
513. Janet Phelane? August 22, 1613 in Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland.

513. Janet Phelane?

Child of Edward Douglass and Janet Phelane? is:

256 i. Edward Douglass, Lt. Col., born 1616; died 1657 in Northampton
County, Virginia; married Isabella Bef. 1640.

Hope this will be of some help. God Bless you and yours, Addie here