HEAPE-L Archives

Archiver > HEAPE > 2007-12 > 1196893329

From: ,
Subject: Re: [HEAPE] Robert the Immigrant
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 22:22:09 -0000

Author: abheaps
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.heape/3.14.1.3/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I don't know if this will help, but here is a copy of Robert Heape Will (John is my decendent):

WILL OF ROBERT HEAPE, SENIOR

Harford County State of Maryland May the thirtyeth one thousand eight hundred and ten. Mr. Robert Heape Senior of the county above being named. Being of sound and perfect disposing mind and memory do for the better settlement of my temporal estate and temporal afairs make constitute and appoint this my last will and testament in manner and form following

1. I give and bequeath to my son Robert two Shillings
2. I give and bequeath to my son Archabald Heape two Shillings 3. I give and bequeath to my son John Heape two Shillings
4. I give and bequeath to my son Thomas Heape two Shillings
5. I give and bequeath to my son in law Richard King one Dollar 6. I give and bequeath to my Daughter Sarah King one Dollar
7. I give and bequeath to my Daughter Mary Heape fifty acres of land being part of a tract formerly called Chevordory freeze but now called travellers rest to her during her natural life and at her death I give and bequeath the above fifty acres of land to Robert Loyd Heape to him and his heirs for ever but if the above named Robert Loyd Heape should die before his mother Mary Heape I then give and bequeath the above named fifty acres of land to my daughter Mary Heape to her and her heirs for ever but if my daughter Mary Heape and Robert Loyd Heape should die without any heirs I then give and bequeath the above named fifty acres of land to my daughter Sarah King to her and daughter Mary Heape to her and her heirs for ever but if my daughter Mary Heape and Robert Loyd Heape should die without any heirs I then give and bequeath the above named fifty acres of land to my daughter Sarah King to her and her heirs for ever. I give and bequeath to my daughter Mary Heape all my perso!
nal property all my horses cows and hogs and all my household furniture and all my farming utensils and all the wheat and rye that I have either pulled stacked or threshed or growing in the ground. I give and bequeath to her and her heirs for ever.

John Heape and Hugh Bay both of the county of Harford an State of Maryland I appoint my whole and sole executor of this my last will and testament I do hereby disannul and disallow of all former wills made by me make constitute and appoint this and no other to be my last will and testament.

In witness whereof I have unto set my hand and seal the day and year above written. Signed Sealed and acknowledged to be the last will and testament of the above named Robert Heape Senior in the presence of Archibald Harry James Alexander John Alexander

Signed Robert Heape Senior

Harford County the 23rd day of February 1819 then came John Heape one of the executors named in the within will who produced the same and made oath on the holy evangels of almighty God that he received the same from Robert Heape Senior deceased the testator therein named for safe keeping and that it is the true and whole last will and testament of the said deceased that came to his hands and posession and that he doth not know of anyother.
Certified by Thomas Bond Rec.
Harford county of the 23rd day of February 1819 then came James Alexander and John Alexander two of the subscribing witnesses to the within last will and testament of Robert Heape Senior late of Harford County deceased and made oath on the holy evangels of almighty God that they did see the testator therein named sign and seal this will that they heard him publish pronounce and declare the same to be his last will and testament and that he was at the time of his so doing to the best of their apprehension of sound disposing mind memory and understanding and that they severally subscribed their names as witness to this will in the presence and at the request of the testator and in the presence of each other and in the presence of Archibald Harry the other subscribing witness.

Certified by Thomas S. Bond Regis.

Important Note: