HEARNE-L Archives

Archiver > HEARNE > 1998-05 > 0894504594

From: Righton McCallum <>
Subject: Re: Elijah HEARN of Coweta Co
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 21:29:54 -0400

Steve Martonak wrote:

> The 1850 census of Coweta Co GA shows
>
> HEARN Elijah 30 M Physician 1000 GA
> Mary A 29 F GA
> Emily C 6 F GA
> Martha E 4 F GA
> Katharine 16 F GA
>
> This may be the son of Joshua HEARN and Catherine REDWINE. Then again it may not be. Does any body know for sure? Does anyone know where to
find his later c

> Steve
> http://www.chrysalis.org/stevem/hearne.htm
> -I'm really getting mixed up. My Reeves married into this family in so
many generations that it is mind-boggling. Is this Dr. Elijah the son of
Joshua and Catherine Redwine? If so, then he must have come down to
Coweta Co. with first cousins Nancy Steed(daughter of Hylkia Steed and
Sarah(Sally) Hearne of NC) who married Eli Reeves, Agrippa Alexander
Steed, Martha who married another cousin Sion Parsons Steed, Selby Steed
and Stephen Pinckney Steed( who went on to Arkansas). The main thing
that I notice is that the Hearne names keep going in the Reeves line.
They must have been strong-minded women, or else they loved their
families very much and continued to name children for uncles and
grandparents. I THINK that my line must run thus.PLEASE FEEL FREE TO
CORRECT ME ANYBODY. William b 1627
Thomas Hearne b 1691
Thomas Hearne b 1719
` Stephen Hearne b 1748
Sarah Hearne b abt.1780
Is anybody looking specifically at this line? However, as I said, there
is a lot of intermarriage between the Reeves and Hearnes for several
generations. They must have been close neighbors. Righton McCallum

This thread: