HEARNS-L Archives

Archiver > HEARNS > 2002-12 > 1039432819

From: "gladys boice tolbert" <>
Subject: [HEARNS] Aaron Hartson Hearns
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 07:20:19 EDT

>From LDS Family History Library [FHL #0843346] I extracted the following: Will of Aartn Hartson Hearns , filed 9/26/1846, written 3/19/1846. Witnesses: Elias McKis & Daniel J. Abbott. Joseph Lockwood filed renounce as executor. Will
was "probated" at Frankford. "Last will & testament of Aaron Hartson Hearns, twp. of Sidney, dist of Victoria "desire that my body may be buried ...on the hill by James [name illegible may be Joiners] where some of my children now is buried. Directs just be paid from loose personal property--remained bequeath "unto my beloved wife Margaret Hearns, who was formerly Margaret Finkle..[residue] "to any one of my children or the whole of them", to [unclear-appears to be "bring"] my children's life in an honest & and christian-like manner. Appoint my wife, Margaret Hearns, executrix & Gilbert Finkle, my brother in law & Joseph N. Lockwood, executors.
Sharlene Radford Curry posted a query to GenForums board re Snider's of Frankford, Ont and body of query states a family member of David Snider, a dau. Eliza md. David Hearns & had 3 chi. Jesse, Gorey & Minnie <http://genforum.genealogy.com/snider/messages/1537.html>;
A Finkle family member passed on the info that Aaron & Margaret Finkle were m January 8, 1827. From 1851 census in which Margaret is identified as widow, the following family members appear: James T., (1829); John (1831); David (1832) & Marshall B. (1835) Years approx from census age.
Margaret Finkle may be the d/o Jacob & S. [Susanna] Finkle chr. 5/6/1805, then again, maybe not. See the Finkle message board & messages concerning this. One message I posted I attributed Margaret as sister of George Finkle & this is not so. That George is a s/ of Johannes. I have a Boice line collateral tie in with the Finkle family through a Sharp/Finkle marriage.
Among the Herns (& variant spellings & there are many, an Ebenzer Herns of my interest is buried in Kent Co. & tombstone says "Hurns") who were UE Loyalist settlers to Upper Canada was an Elizabeth Herne of Edwardsburgh d/o Abraham McDonnell who is md David Herne of "his Majesty's 57th Reg't. who applied for land as d/o Abr. McDonnelll in 1817. Another was Andrew Harns, late of Howard Co., North Carolina who "came from New York-summer of 1783 & is native of Pensilvania & is settled now at Grand Bay, Kings Co. is sending for wife [at time of petition]. Then there is the Wm. Herns who had a wife Sarah & 2 sons-family is on a 1784 Niagara census and this may be same family seen also on a census "up the Detroit". Connection to or with the Thomas Hearns -- a puzzle I wish I knew answer to! I will search through my many many papers for the copied e-mail messages re Finkle corres. if Mitchell doesn't find them on the either the "genforum' or "rootsweb"
boards. Hope this has been helpful. Gladys

This thread: