HEATH-L Archives

Archiver > HEATH > 1999-06 > 0930428555

From: <>
Subject: [HEATH-L] William Heaths of Sussex Co., VA
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 16:22:35 EDT

I have too much on these lines for e mail.
I will enumerate the family of William and Margaret (Bonner) Heath
William died Nov 1771, Sussex, VA Margaret d 1804. They each left a will. I
have copies.

SURNAMES: Peebles, Cureton, Dunn, Chappell, Taylor, Taylor, Gee, Travis,
Woodleif, Ellis, Watson, Biggins, Williams.

Children from Albemarle Parish Recoreds and wills of parents:

1-Seth19 June 1753 d Aug 1781 m Elizabeth Biggins
2-Henry25 Oct 1755 d 1797 m Susannah Williams
3-Howell31 Mar 1758d in Rev. War.
4-Margaret26 July 1760m John Travis
5-Augustine30 May 1762 m Sarah Woodlief
6-Jane15 Dec 1763m Ephraim Ellis
7-Jesse05 Dec 1765m Agnes Peebles
8-William12 Mar `1769m Sallie Beth Watson
9-Abner30 Dec 1770probably died young .+
+ Not named as legatee in father or mother's will.
---------------------

This William Heath is s/o William and Elizabeth Heath, Sr. of Sussex Co., VA.
I found no will for Elizabeth.
He died June 1777, testate. Will mentions son William, father of SETH. Proof
that this is our William.
Children as named in will
1-Josiahno
information
2-Rebeccam Lemuel
Peebles
3-Wynefriedm John Cureton
4-Thomasm Selah Rives
5-David (1748-1784)m Milly Unknown
6-Nathanm
Eliza Dunn
7-Jemimam William
Rives, 19 June 1775
8-Betty
single when her father wrote his will

Grandson, Seth Heath, s/o William
Executors; Sons, David and Nathan
Witnesses Adam Heath, Susannah Williams, Mary Gee (her mark)

A son, John Heath, also predeceased him.
John died May 1773. His will proves he belongs to this family.
He left no children.

It is here that I question the parents of William, above. Who was his
father? At this point it would appear that we have two separate Heath
families.
He can not be the son of William and Elizabeth of Surrey County (who is
believed to be Elizabeth Gee?) .It was earlier believed that the William who
m Margaret Bonner was the son of this couple but the will of William of
Sussex County disproves this .
.
This William Heath, d 1746. His children are enumerated as follows
1-James1714
2-Thomas1715m Sarah Unknown
3-John1716-1765m Elizabeth Chappell
4-Adam 1717 died before 1746 had a dau. Sarah
5-Elizabeth 1719 m Roger Taylor
6-Sarah1722m Peter Tatum
7-Mary1724single in 1751
8-Abraham1725 died before 1745, had son John
9-Rebecca1726 name not readable in mother's
will
10-William1727 m Elizabeth Unknown

Another William Heath in Albemarle Parish, Surry Co., VA.
m Elizabeth Unknown (conflicting dates)
Children: BoddieIGI
1-Jesse29 June 1743 6 Aug 1743
2-John24 Nov 1745 2 Feb 1746
3-Nathaniel July 1750 absent
4-Druscilla 3 Dec 1752 1753

If any one relates to any of these families please email me.

This thread: