HEIL-L Archives

Archiver > HEIL > 2012-11 > 1352392909

From: Ann Pummell <>
Subject: Re: [HEIL] Does anyone know this family?
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 08:41:49 -0800 (PST)

Robert, My Heil's came from Hintersteinau, about 20 miles from Darmstadt I think. Nicholas immigrated about 1829 through Baltimore (family story) as an indentured servant. I've never found any passenger information on him though, and have wondered if he really came through New York. Nicholas eventually settled in Hardin County Ohio.

His parents were: Johann Melchior Heil and Elizabetha Berthold Heil. Siblings: Johann Melchior, John and Daniel.

I know its a long shot, but thought I'd reply to you anyway.

Ann Pummell
419-889-8217

www.hometraditions.com