HELMS-L Archives

Archiver > HELMS > 2000-05 > 0957821154

From: "Walls, C Fern" <>
Subject: RE: [HELMS-L] What's your line?
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 16:25:54 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Walls, C Fern [mailto:]
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2000 4:16 PM

My Grandfather moved to Texas prior to 1917, He was Thomas Edgar Helms,
named a son John Martel born around 1923 but drowned at age 6, I am only
attempting to start my roots search, I cannot find anything on Thomas Edgar
Helms, married Ada Pearle Dobbs in KY or TN I think, but there is another
Helms married to Ada Dobbs buried here in Oklahoma. My Grandfather worked on
the railroad, had 6 sons My father Cecil Benson was the 3rd or 4th born.
Other names were Otis,Leonard, Floyd, Ray,
then Martel. Any help to get started would be great. Thanks Cecil Fern
(Helms) Walls