HENDRICKS-L Archives

Archiver > HENDRICKS > 1998-05 > 0894379605

From: <>
Subject: [HENDRICKS-L] In Search of Sion Hendricks
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 09:46:45 -0500 (CDT)

I am searching for any information on Sion Hendricks. The information I
have is that Sion Hendricks was born between 1791 and 1799. He served in
the War of 1812 in Capt. Zachariah Smith's Infantry Co., 1st Harris' Regt.
of Georgia. I have copies of Muster Roll and Payroll sheets from the
National Archives dated 1813 and 1814.

He is listed in the 1830 Census in Monroe Cty, Georgia, with 5 children and
wife (m. in 1810 to Nancy Bailey). There is also a Joel Hendricks listed
which I believe to be a brother of Sion.

Sion's children are:

William Josiah, 1828-1922 m. Henrietta Kellum (1847) and Mary Ann Stribling.
Israel Zimmerman, 1826-1864 m. Mary D. McDonald
Ennetta Harriet, 1825-1909 m. Samuel H. Pattillo
Mary Ann, (?)
James, (?)

Wm. Josiah is the connection to my family. I would appreciate any
information on the origins of Sion and Joel. They could have been from
South Carolina. Sion's name could be Simon - but all the legal documents
list the name as Sion.

Any help would be appreciated!

Mary (Hendricks) Holliker

This thread: