HENRY-L Archives

Archiver > HENRY > 2010-02 > 1265318745

From: "Doris Noland Parton" <>
Subject: Re: [HENRY] Hugh Henry, David Henry, Isaac Henry ,George Rodgers Clark Expedition
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 18:25:45 -0300

Obviously I typed a date wrong in my previous post on Moses Henry with
George Rogers Clark:
On page 343 which is not available for preview

. . . . Moses Henry, John Small, and others in a petition to Clark, who was
then at Louisville, March 16, 1876/ Draper MSS, 53. K 13.

Should be 1776!

My guess is that David, Hugh, Issac and John sure sound like the Henrys from
Pittsylania Co. VA who later came to East TN while it was still NC and went
down the river to the Cumberland Settlement to Robertson County ? Montgomery
Co. TN. These names all fit with them.

http://www.tngenweb.org/robertson/court/willhenryhugh.html

First. I will and bequeath to my sons Hugh, David and Isaac a parcel or
tract of land laying on the south side of Cumberland River contains 640
acres

(There was an already deceased son John at this time.)

Serving in the Revolutionary War were:

West Tenn Revolutionary War Pension Application 3519

Hugh Henry of Robertson County, Tennessee who was Lt. and Sgt. in the
Company of Capt. Donelson in the Regt. Commanded by Col. Shelby in the VA
lines.

Hugh Henry (served) 13 months from 1777

His pension commenced 21st ? Dec 1832 and ended at his death April 17, 1834.

His brother David Henry could attest to his service. Their brother Issac
served but is now deceased.

File contributed for use in USGenWeb Archives by:
Joy Fisher October 31, 2005, 2:33 pm

DAVID HENRY

David Henry applied for revolutionary pension while residing in Robertson

County in 1832. He was born in 1753 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia. He

enlisted in 1777 in Captain John Donelson's company, Colonel Evan Shelby's

regiment and was in an expedition against the Indians. He enlisted again in
1778

in Captain Thomas Dillard's company in Colonel George Rogers Clark's
expedition

to Illinois. He was discharged August 29, 1778.

Note:- The children of David Henry were Isaac, Lemuel, Elizabeth and
Catherine.

http://files.usgwarchives.org/tn/robertson/military/revwar/pensions/henry189nmt.txt