HERRICK-L Archives

Archiver > HERRICK > 2006-01 > 1138004319

From: James Wall <>
Subject: Major John Francis HERRICK
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 02:18:39 -0600

Now I am even more interested in this mysterious HERRICK than before. He
was Major John Francis HERRICK which I failed to mention first
posting. His father-in-law, prior to his divorce from Mary Barr CLAY, was
Casius CLAY, who stood for the Republican nomination for President in
1860. If Major John Francis HERRICK is marrying into that prominent a
family, seems like he should be placeable into some line?

james

Major John Francis HERRICK
b.
d.
m. Mary Barr CLAY 3 October 1866 Of Madison Co., KY. 1839-1924 d/o Casius
Marcellus CLAY & Mary Jane WARFIELD.

6Mary Barr CLAY, 5Casius Marcellus, 4Green, 3Martha "Patsy" GREEN, 2Thomas
Abner, 1Thomas "The Seagull" GREEN, English Immigrant. The Seagull's wife
Martha Elizabeth FILMER goes back to Scottish Royalty.

after 3 children John Francis HERRICK & Mary Barr CLAY divorced. Younger
two children took mothers names to explain the below.

1. Casius Clay HERRICK b. 17 July 1867 Whitehall, Richmond, Madison Co., KY
2. Francis Warfield HERRICK CLAY b. 9 feb 1869 Madison Co. KY
2. Green HERRICK CLAY b. 11 Aug 1872

If John Francis HERRICK descends from Henerie HERRICK then I am related to
both him and Mary Barr CLAY. HERRICK for me is a maternal line and my
father is "cousins" with Mary Barr CLAY. She descends from Thomas "the
Seagull GREEN" English Immigrant to Virginia. I have done a lot on that
GREEN line as well.

This thread: