HIHAWAII-L Archives

Archiver > HIHAWAII > 2007-11 > 1194026897

From: ,
Subject: Re: [HIHAWAII] Seeking info on `ohana Kuehu, Williams,Kekuia all of Wai`ohinu, Ka`u, BI
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 18:08:17 -0000

Author: physiques
Surnames: Kekuia
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.hawaii.counties.hawaii/406.2.3/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Response to Kimo

Aloha
I just came across your info. regarding the parents of William Lili Mokiao. Just wanted to make a correction. I knew William Lili Mokiao personally. He's my grandmother's 1st cousin. We referred to him as uncle Lili. Here is the mistake, his mother was not Mary Kapikookalani Kekuia, his mother is Mary's sister. I don't know her name by memory. But they were the daughters of Keaka Kekuia and Waiholua Kekaua.

I know this because my mother was raised by her maternal grandmother who was Mary Kapikookalani "Piko" Kekuia in Waiohinu Ka'u. Mary's husband was the manager of Kahuku Ranch his name is Martin "Makini" Martinson a hapa haole with Hawaiian roots that goes back to Keoua (Cheif killed by Kamehameha's men @ Pu'ukohola) and Kalaniopuu, king of the big island..

Mary and Martin had 13 kids. My grandmother is Emma Kealiiholokahiki Martinson. Out of the 13 kids, only one is still living. Her name is Josephine "Phina" Tuiasosopo. She is very old and won't be around much longer according to her. She will know the name of her aunty who is Uncle Lili's mother. She too will admit that it can't be her own mother who everyone referred to as Piko.

Important Note: