HINES-L Archives

Archiver > HINES > 1997-12 > 0882447278

From: Douglas M Hines< >
Subject: Hines
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 07:14:38 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

I am the third of five males born to the late William Oscar
Hines(1909-1997). His father was Ernest Oscar Hines (1886-circa 1957).
He was one of a whole bunch born to Otis Oscar Hines(1862-1930) and Mary
Jane McLean of Bracebridge. Otis was one of the children of Henry
Harrison Hines and Margaret P Shafer of Bracebridge. Henry was born in
Watertown NY in 1817 and died in Hamilton ON in 1901. If you can fit
yourself into this picture in any way, I'd love to hear from you.

I'm particularly interested in the brothers and sisters of Henry
Harrison Hines. This is an unconfirmed listing of Henry's children:

1. Horatio H.(1853-1885)
2. George
3. Otis Oscar (1862-1930) <-This is my great grandfather
4. Lucinda
5. William
6. Tom
7. Lucille
8. Henrietta
9. Phillip

Hoping to hear from you. Merry Christmas!

PS: There's an intriguing bit of oral history that says that this family of
Henry Harrison Hines was actually his second. It is supported by the
existance of a whole line of Hines's flowing from CHARLES HARRISON HINES.
(b 1838 in Rome NY d 1932) m Celeste Jane Young (july 1 1849 Mount Hope
Hamilton d Sept 10 1937)

......D