HINES-L Archives

Archiver > HINES > 1998-07 > 0900352499

From: Douglas M Hines <>
Subject: Henry Harrison HINES b1817
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 09:54:59 -0800

Hi All,

Here's the message I usually put out. Since we seem to be rediscovering
each other, this is why I'm here:

I'm seeking info on Henry Harrison HINES b 1817 Watertown NY, d 1901
(my GG grandfather) Hamilton ON who emigrated to Ontario, Canada
(Bracebridge and Hamilton). Seek data on his siblings, ancestors (in
particular) and descendants. I have much of his genealogy upon his
arrival and second marriage and later death in Bracebridge Ontario and
burial in Hamilton Ontario Canada.

Basics: Henry Harrison Hines
born in Watertown NY in 1817
died in Bracebridge ON in 1901
buried in Hamilton ON
M1 Betsy (Betsey) Fall from upper NY state
Betsy and Henry's children
1. Charles Harrison 1838 - 1930
2. A.W. b 1842
3. James b 1847
4. John b 1849
M2 Margaret P Shafer of Bracebridge ON
Margaret and Henry’s children:
1. Horatio H.(1853-1885)
2. Lucille (1855-1925)
3. William Henry (1856-1941)
4. Lucinda b 1858
5. Philip Wallace (1860-1941)
6. Otis Oscar (1862-1930) My ggrandfather
7. Thomas Jefferson (1864-1935)
8. George Alfred (1866-1941)

Charles Harrison Hines, b 1838 Rome NY d 1932. Moved to Canada
also, and married Celeste Jane Young ( b july 1 1849 Mount Hope Hamilton
d Sept 10, 1937).

A number of family members appear on the 1871 - 1901 census
rolls of Barton Township and Glanford Township(on the mountain in
Hamilton) I’m especially interested in finding Tom’s descendants. He and
a number of his siblings were butchers and maintained stalls at the
Hamilton market.

If you can fit yourself into this picture, I’d love to hear from you.

This thread: