HODGES-L Archives

Archiver > HODGES > 1997-11 > 0880668168

From: <>
Subject: Edmond Hodges
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 17:02:48 -0500 (EST)

Hi Hodges hunters,

I'm an "old geezer" but a new-born babe on this listserve. I've been
evesdropping for about ten days and decided to take the plunge and try to
make some contributions.

I'm a descendent of Jesse Hodges and Elizabeth Collins who were married in
Pittsylvania County, VA 18 Oct. 1775. They are my 5th great grandfather and
grandmother. Jesse was born in Hallifax Co. VA 11 Feb 1754 and died in
McNairy Co. TN 18 Mar 1842. Elizabeth Collins was born 28 Aug 1760 and died
in McNairy Co. 6 Jan 1842. We have some information on their parents but
that's as far back as we go. I'll provide that data in a forthcoming e-mail.

My older brother, Billy George "Bill" Hodges, has rather detailed records of
the descendents of Jesse. He lives in my home town, Canadian, Texas. My
brother, Donald Wayne "Don" Hodges has made lots of phone calls and gathered
a lot of information over the years. He lives in Dallas. I live in
Richmond, VA. The three of us have made several trips over the years to
ancestral "sites", including trips to Hallifax and Pittsylvania Co, Va and
Wilson Co., TN. We have two younger brothers and a sister who are becoming
more interested in our ancestors. I have the computer and it's now up to me
to begin moving our data into Family Tree Maker. We want to publish a family
history before we head toward the Pearly Gates.

So much for the introduction.

An Edmund Hodges was often in the same the same vicinity and records books
with James Hodges, Jesse's father. So was Welcome William Hodges and to a
lesser extent, a Robert Hodges. We have speculated about relationships but
have no data that can be or has been verified. Anyway, I'm am always on the
lookout for good evidence.

Which leads me to the other purpose of this message. I noticed something
very interesting in Digest #161. The e-mail from Ivey M Partain included an
Edmond Hodges, born Dec. 27, 1828. The e-mail from Gerry Hackley had a
Mississippi?? cemetary list (Stephens Cemetary) that included an Edmond
Hodges, born Dec 27, 1828. Could this be a match??? Because I am new, I
don't know what has gone on before, but I hope this helps one or both of you.

I would appreciate any information that we could tie in with my family.

PEACE! James O. "Jim" Hodges

This thread: