HODGES-L Archives

Archiver > HODGES > 1998-03 > 0890606254

From: "Kenneth W. Krick" <>
Subject: Re: [HODGES-L] Allen Hodges
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 17:37:34 -0500

----------
> From: Jan Alpert <>
> Subject: Re: [HODGES-L] Allen Hodges
> Date: Saturday, March 21, 1998 8:30 AM
>
> Here is what I know about the other Allen C. Hodges in NY.
>
> He is buried in the New Hudson Cem. Lyon Township, Oakland Co., MI I
found
> this in a DAR book at the DAR in Wash DC.
>
> Allen C. Hodges b. 3/7/1812 d. Oct 3, 1857
> Aurelia wife of A. C. d. Sep 21, 1861 age 40 years 7 mo. 19 day.
>
> I have their marriage date somewhere but can't find right now.
>
> According to his probate Allen C. left 4 children Miles, Oscar, Teresa
and
> Warren B.
> I have a copy of the probate. I think copies cost me $58 In the 1840
census
> he had a son born probably to a first wife. I have never identified that
son.

> In 1880 Miles E. Hodge 39 was living in Ionia Co., His wife Eliz. was 32
b. NY
> In 1900 Miles was 59 living in Otsego Co. MI.
>
> This Allen's father was Phillip Hodges from Montgomery Co. NY
> his father was Isaac Hodges from New Haven, CT
> His father was Abraham from New Haven
> His father was Charles b. 1665
>
> I can mail you what I have which is a few pages if you want to give me
your
> address.
> I also have some wives names.

> To subscribe, send a message to:
> Put only the word Subscribe in the body of the message.

Hi
Boy does your information looks like some of mine, I have a Miles Hodges b.
Abt 1794. his wife is Miranda b 1798. I Believed in NY I first found him
in the 1830 Census in Wayne County NY others found their are,
Hodges, Isaac page 060 Ontario
Hodges, Isaac Z. page 061 Ontario
Hodges, John page 202 Butler
Hodges, Miles page 193 Butler
Hodges, Nathaniel page 062 Ontario
Hodges, Zebedee page 061 Ontario
Also my Cornelius Reynolds was also in Wayne County NY page 205 Savannah
he married a Elizabeth Hodges was born abt 1792, in the 1850 census Ionia
County Lyons twp. it says that Cornelius Reynolds is 76 yrs. old and
Elizabeth
Reynolds is 58 yrs. old. In 1850 Miles Hodges lived in Clinton Co., MI in
1860
census Montcalm County ., MI Also I have a Family Group Sheet that said he
had a son name Miles Reiley Hodges b abt. 1831 his wife Elizabeth b. 1838
his death 6, March 1881 It also says that he was in the 1880 census Ionia
Co.,
Ionia twp., MI children are David and Lydia.
Also other sister and brother of Miles Reiley Hodges are
Delila H. Hodges b. 14, Jan. 1834 married to Allen Hopkins
Benjamin D. Hodge 24 April 1835 married to Clarissa
Eunice Hodges
William Hodges
John Hodges
Benj S. Hodges
William Hodges
Nathaniel Hodges

I am wondering if my Elizabeth Hodges b 1798 is a sister to your Allen
Hodges.
any information you may have will be very helpful,
Thanks
Kenneth Krick
Email=

This thread: