HOLDERNESS-L Archives

Archiver > HOLDERNESS > 1999-08 > 0934689468

From: "Chuck Holderness" <>
Subject: Re: [HLDRNSS] McKinney Holderness/Morris
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 13:57:48 +1000

Mel, the following is a general report on a line headed by James Holderness
which I have been compiling from various sources and from info provided by
Francie on the list....I still view it as 'clues' but there is clearly some
good information in it.....and it answers some of your questions....Chuck

Descendants of James Holderness

Generation No. 1

1. JAMES1 HOLDERNESS was born Abt. 1740, and died Abt. 1796 in Wilkes Cnty,
GA left Rockingham NC to Wilkes Co. Ga after 1790. He married (1)
PRISCILLA??? MCKINNEY OR MCKINNIE Abt. 1760, daughter of BARNABAS MCKINNEY
OR MCKINNIE. He married (2) FRANCES LEWIS March 10, 1778 in Guilford County,
NC.

Children of JAMES HOLDERNESS and PRISCILLA??? MCKINNIE are:

2. i. MCKINNEY2 HOLDERNESS, b. Abt. 1762, Probably NC or VA; d. Abt. 1803,
February 22, 1803?????????/.

3. ii. CHARLOTTE HOLDERNESS, b. Abt. 1760, Probably NC or VA.

Generation No. 2

2. MCKINNEY2 HOLDERNESS (JAMES1) was born Abt. 1762 in Probably NC or VA,
and died Abt. 1803 in February 22, 1803?????????/. He married CYNTHIA POWELL
Bef. 1792 in Rockingham Cnty, NC.

Child of MCKINNEY HOLDERNESS and CYNTHIA POWELL is:

4. i. JAMES MCKINNEY3 HOLDINESS, b. Abt. 1792, Wilkes Cnty, GA or Rockingham
NC.

3. CHARLOTTE2 HOLDERNESS (JAMES1) was born Abt. 1760 in Probably NC or VA.
She married LEWIS IRION June 14, 1779 in Guilford County, NC.

Children of CHARLOTTE HOLDERNESS and LEWIS IRION are:

i. MCKINNY3 IRION, b. Abt. 1792, Wilkes Cnty, GA; d. June 04, 1866, Lowndes
Cnty, MS; m. LUCY TRAY OR GRAY, December 03, 1827.

ii. WILLIAM IRION, m. AMELIA OR EMILY CADE, October 28, 1815, Wilkes Co. GA.

5. iii. ELIZABETH IRION, b. Abt. 1794; d. December 05, 1862, Columbus,
Lowndes Cnty, MS.

iv. MARY PARTHENIA IRION, b. Abt. 1795, GA; d. July 05, 1860, Columbus,
Lowndes Cnty, MS; m. JOHN THURMAN, December 11, 1810, Elbert Cnty, GA.

Generation No. 3

4. JAMES MCKINNEY3 HOLDINESS (MCKINNEY2 HOLDERNESS, JAMES1) was born Abt.
1792 in Wilkes Cnty, GA or Rockingham NC. He married ELIZABETH IRION March
18, 1826 in Morgan Cnty, AL, daughter of LEWIS IRION and CHARLOTTE
HOLDERNESS.

Child of JAMES HOLDINESS and ELIZABETH IRION is:

6. i. SAMUEL4 HOLDINESS.

5. ELIZABETH3 IRION (CHARLOTTE2 HOLDERNESS, JAMES1) was born Abt. 1794, and
died December 05, 1862 in Columbus, Lowndes Cnty, MS. She married (1)
FREEBORN LUCE September 01, 1807 in Elbert Cnty, GA. She married (2) JAMES
MCKINNEY HOLDINESS March 18, 1826 in Morgan Cnty, AL, son of MCKINNEY
HOLDERNESS and CYNTHIA POWELL.

Child of ELIZABETH IRION and JAMES HOLDINESS is:

6. i. SAMUEL4 HOLDINESS.

Generation No. 4

6. SAMUEL4 HOLDINESS (JAMES MCKINNEY3, MCKINNEY2 HOLDERNESS, JAMES1).

Child of SAMUEL HOLDINESS is:

i. SUSAN REBECCA5 HOLDINESS, m. UNKNOWN WILLIAMS.