HOLLAND-L Archives

Archiver > HOLLAND > 1998-10 > 0909686346

From: "Pat Mcdonald" <>
Subject: Re: HOLLAND, John
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 12:39:06 -0600

thank you Jim. I think I have seen similar information before, but as yet
have not verified it (Jacob's wife, etc.). There seems to be more than one
Jacob in the Pendleton area, and it's difficult to separate them.

Some researchers say this Jacob descends from the Nansemond Hollands.
However, that Jacob seems to still be in VA as late as 1800.

These notes make me think your Jacob was already in SC by that time:

On 10 July 1797 Robert Childress gave JACOB HOLLAND a mortgage on 200 acres
of land lying below the mouth of Big Beaver Dam, including the mill and
plantation for $214.50. The same sum to be paid unto said JACOB HOLLON on
or before 25 Dec 1798, then the bill of sale or deed to be void or to remain
in full force. Wit: MOSES GUEST, HUGH PATRICK,
Sign. Robert Childress
The est. was appraised on 12 Aug 1799 by JACOB HOLLAND, WILLIAM GUEST,
ACQUILLER GREEN [Greer?]

So, I have no doubt this Jacob Holland was ancestor of Mary Guest, but I do
wonder about Jacob's ancestry?
PatMc

This thread: