HOLLEY-L Archives

Archiver > HOLLEY > 1998-05 > 0894119822

From: "Thomas J. McBryde" <>
Subject: [HOLLEY-L] Holley Book Descendancy chart. abt 18 pages
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 09:37:02 -0500

Hello to you all:
This only a part of my Holley line, but several of the names mentioned
in you messages appear to be in mine also. If any of you make a connect
please contact me and lets exchange data.
Tom

Descendants of John *HOLLEY - 2 May 1998

FIRST GENERATION

1. John *HOLLEY was born before 1690 in VA. He died between 1726 and
1728 in Bertie District, NC.
Will of John Holley, Bertie Dist., NC 1728: "my plantation I leave unto
Sarah Holley----as for my movable estate I leave unto my wife except my
mill which I leave unto my son John----but my gun I leave to my son
Richard. And unto my girls a cow and calf at sixteen or married."

Data compiled by Thomas J McBryde-6507 Huckleberry Cove-Austin TX
78746-7127
ph 512-328-8227----e-mail <> (97)

Below is a list of contributors of this whole line, some in parts and
some nearly whole:

1. Mrs Verna HOLLEY PHILLIPS-P O Box 11201-Montgomery AL 36111(95)

2. Lois A. Danley, 251 North Maryella Ave-Panama City, FL 32404 (97)
e-mail <>

3. Phyllis Evelyn Holley Blickensderfer- e-mail<>
whoes line ties to main line at John Holley b 22 Dec 1782 at Lynches Cr.
SC. (96)

4. Jean Holley Day - 52 W. Broadway - Danville IN 46122. (97) ph
317-745-4826

5. Patricia Nicholson Edwards-26 Robin Wood Place-Purvis MS 39475 (97).
Her tie is through Mary Matilda Holley b 1830. (This by the way is
Godfrey Lee Holley's sister)

6. Mrs. Charlene Holley Smith-Rt 2 Box 12- Lone Oak, TX 75453-9802. ph
903-662-5338 (96) Her tie to the main line is Thomas L. Holley b 1839 in
Lowndes Co., AL.
or her daughter Twila Scroggins at e-mail
<>(96)

7. Richard and Ina Gates-26930 St. Hwy. 112-Robertsdale, AL 36567-9492
(96) on Rebecca Jane Holley and her descendants. e-mail
<>

8. Fay M Black-Welsch- 5929 Fern Ave. - Bremerton WA 98311 Ph
360-479-6311
(97) e-mail <> Tie is through Hannah Simmons
Holley.

9. Rhonda Fleming Smith-814-South Gay Ave.-Callaway FL 32404 (97)
e-mail

10. Carolyn Joan Baldy-1231 Church St. #f-Decatur, GA 30030-1560 (97)
ph 404-377-2533. Ties through Godfrey Lee Holley and Mary Jane Holley.

11. Susan Holley - e-mail <> (97) her tie is Richard
Holley b 1749 and married to Elizabeth or Mary Unknown.

12.Data on Elizabeth Holley and Benjamin Greenberry Merrill from Mynda
A. McGuire- 20015 Encino Royale, San Antonio, TX 78259-2308 ph
210-497-4638- e-mail <> (98)

Sarah CHURCH was born about 1690. Sarah's 2nd husb was a Gilbert per
Ms. Jean Holley Day- 52 W. Broadway St.- Danville, IN 46122-1718 - Ph
317-745-4826 (Oct 1997). John *HOLLEY and Sarah CHURCH had the
following children:

+2 i. John HOLLEY II.
3 ii. James HOLLEY was born about 1718 in NC. He died in 1761 in
Sampson-Duplin Co, NC. Jean Holley Day -- notes indicate James had
three children.
+4 iii. Jacob HOLLEY.
+5 iv. Mary HOLLEY.
6 v. Richard HOLLEY was born before 1725. He died in Sampson-Duplin
Co, NC. Never married.

SECOND GENERATION

2. John HOLLEY II was born about 1715 in Bertie District, NC. He died
after 1782 in Eastern TN. Data from Jean Holley Day - 52 W. Broadway -
Danville IN 46122. (97)

Land records indicate John and Rebekah lived in NC in Duplin Co. before
moving to Lynches Creek in SC. This John Holley not active in the
Revolution.

Per Ms Day (above) John Jr. and brother Jacob went from Bertie Co, NC to
Sampson-Duplin Co. NC around 1742 and lived there till abt 1765 when
they went to Kershaw-Lynche's Creek area of SC. (Oct 1997)

John Holley was in Eastern TN about 1782 in the Mollohockey River
Area. John did not take sides in the Rev. War and made enemies. I
understand some of his property was taken because of this.Data from Jean
Holley Day - 52 W. Broadway - Danville IN 46122. (97)

He was married to Rebecca about 1740. John HOLLEY II and Rebecca had
the following children:

7 i. Jonathon HOLLEY was born about 1740.
+8 ii. John HOLLEY III.
+9 iii. Richard HOLLEY.
+10 iv. James HOLLEY.
+11 v. Rachel HOLLEY.
12 vi. Jacob HOLLEY was born about 1755.

4. Jacob HOLLEY was born about 1720 in NC. He died about 1779 in
Edgefield, SC. Hanged as a Troy. Source: Jean Holley Day Jacob went to
SC , and then he and his son Jacob Jr also went to LA.

Jacob HOLLEY had the following children:

13 i. Jacob HOLLEY Jr..
14 ii. Ephriam HOLLEY.
15 iii. Jonathan HOLLEY.

5. Mary HOLLEY.

THIRD GENERATION

8. John HOLLEY III was born about 1745. He died about 1780 in Eastern
TN.

9. Richard HOLLEY was born on 1 Aug 1749 in , Craven, South Carolina.
He died about 1825 in Lynches Creek, Kershaw Co., SC. SOURCE:
Memorials, SCA Vol. 13 P 242 July 10, 1775 /or 16 Jan 1775
Richard Holley had land bd. Zephaniah Kinsley in 1775 - Vol 2 P
4

SOURCE: Kershaw County, S. C. Court Records
Page 55 August Term 1794 - Grand Jury selection # 16, Richard
Holly

24 May 1825-- Kershaw Co., SC --estate papers of Richard Holley Sr. name
wife Mary, Richard Jr, Daniel, Zachariah, and John, Keziah Massey, Ann,
and Sylvia.

SOURCE: Will of Richard Holley:
"In the name of God, Amen! I Richard Holley Senior, of Kershaw
District, Farmer; being weak in body but of sound mind, memory, and
disposing understanding, do make and declare this to be my last Will and
Testament. First: I give and bequeath to my wife Mary Holley, for and
during her natural life or widowhood, the tract of land whereon I now
live; which I purchased of Thomas Wade for two hundred acres; also one
other tract, adjoining the above tract, which I purchased of John
Kirkley for 383 acres; also one bed and
furniture, two cows and calves, one breeding sow, one woman's saddle and
bridle, and one sorrel mare with a blazed face, now eight years old, one
pot, one oven, one lot of crockery which be remaining in the cupboard at
my death.
Secondly: My Will is that the remaining part of two hundred acres of
land on the east side of Lynches Creek, grant to John Pickens being the
balance of what is not deeded or willed to my two sons Richard and
Daniel; also one tract granted to me for 17 acres the 4th day of October
1819, also one tract granted to Robert Waring for 16 acres; that they be
sold and the proceeds be equally divided between my two sons Zachariah
and John Holley; and my will is that the
land, bequeathed to my wife, that after her death or widowhood, be
equally divided between my two sons Zachariah and John Holley, or their
legal representatives.
Thirdly: My Will is that the tract of land of two hundred and thirty
three acres on Rockey Creek, one tract of 640 acres on the west side of
Lynches creek, granted to Holsenduff, together with the residue of my
personal estate, not before willed away, be sold and all my just debts
paid out of the proceeds; and that the balance be equally divided
between my three daughters Keziah Massey, Ann Smith, Lydia Davidson and
my grandson Pickney Holley; or their legal representatives.
And, lastly: I nominate, constitute and appoint my wife Mary Holley
Executrix and my son Daniel Holley executor of this my last will and
testament; and I hereby utterly revoke and make void all other wills and
testaments by me at any time made. In witness whereof I have hereunto
set my hand and seal this twenty-fourth day of April in the year of our
Lord one thousand eight hundred and twenty-five and in the forty-ninth
year of the Independence of the United States of America.
Richd Holley Senr (SEAL)
Signed, sealed, published and declared by the said Richard Holley Senior
as his last Will and Testament, in the presence of us, who in his
presence, and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our
names.
J. J. Schroter
Angus Johnson
James Revells
Recorded in Will Book L, Page 50 (Kershaw County, South Carolina)
Recorded May 23 1825
Ord. D. Schrock
Apt. 32, Pkg. 1141

NOTE: Wording in the will that land would be sold and proceeds divided
between sons Zachariah and John indicate they had left South Carolina by
this time -- or were planning to leave -- and resettled in Alabama.
Otherwise there would be no mention of a 'representative'.

Also, from "Citizens and Immigrants - South Carolina 1768" by Mary
Bondurant Warren (Page 4) Charles PINCKNEY served in the Royal Assembly
1765-1768. He was from the St. Philip district around Charleston.
Lynches River was the dividing line between St. David district
(eastward) and St. Mark district (westward). It is possible there was a
family connection between the Pinckney and Holley families as this name
was used for two generations - being named in Richard's will, his son
Zachariah's will and Richard's grandson (Richard's son) in the 1850
Alabama cenus. This latter Pinckney is too young to be included in his
grandfather's will.Data from Jean Holley Day - 52 W. Broadway - Danville
IN 46122. (97)

Richard Holley Family of Kershaw Co. SC from family Records of W. C.
Middleton Family Bible of Chesterfield Co. SC (Family Bible) The New
Testament of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ--translated out of the
original Greek ---Published by Jesper Hardin-Philadelphia- No 57 South
Third Street--J Hardin Printer 1851. Bible in hands of Mrs. Edwin
"Jeanne" Middleton Miller Jr. --P O Box 14-Jefferson, SC 29718 (97)

Birth data
Richard Holley Sr. 1 Aug 1749
Elizabeth Holley (his wife) 22 Sep 1745
Richard Holley Jr. 25 Dec 1769
William Holley 1 Aug 1771
Margaret Holley 6 Apr 1773
Kefacy (?) Holley 20 Dec 1776
Zechariah Holley 14 Sep 1776
Ann Holley 22 Aug 1778
Lyia (?) Holley 14 Sep 1780
John Holley 22 Dec 1782
Joel Holley 5 Dec 1785 (?) hard to read
Daniel Holley 21 Nov 1785
Pinckney (?) Holley 1798

Elizabeth Holley 27 Sep 1814
Margaret Holley 30 Mar 1816
Anna Holley 12 Oct 1820
Zechariah Holley 4 Dec 1825
Mary Ann Holley 3 Oct 1844
Thomas Westley Holley 7 Oct 1846
Nancy Henretta Holley 11 Jan 1849
King David Holley 5 May 1853

Data also furnished by Susan Holley -e-mail <> (97)

Mary "Elizabeth" UNKNOWN was born on 22 Sep 1745. She died in
Chesterfield Co, SC. Richard HOLLEY and Mary "Elizabeth" UNKNOWN had
the following children:

16 i. Richard HOLLEY was born on 25 Dec 1769.
+17 ii. William III HOLLEY.
18 iii. Margaret HOLLEY was born on 6 Apr 1773.
+19 iv. Keziah HOLLEY.
20 v. Zachariah HOLLEY was born on 14 Sep 1776 in , , South Carolina.
SOURCE: Research completed by Jean (Holley) Day, 52 W. Broadway,
Danville IN
Zachariah's will (Perry Co. AL) lists same heirs as Richard,
with
the addition of: William, Pickney and Joel. The Pickney
could be
the same one mentioned in his father's will. His brother,
Richard,
listed a PINCKNEY in his household in the 1850 Census,
Walker Co. AL.
21 vi. Hannah HOLLEY was born on 22 Aug 1778.
+22 vii. Ann HOLLEY.
+23 viii. Lydia HOLLEY.
+24 ix. John *HOLLEY.
+25 x. Daniel HOLLEY.
26 xi. Jacob "Joel" HOLLEY was born on 5 Dec 1785.
27 xii. Pinckney HOLLEY was born in 1798. He was born in 1798.

10. James HOLLEY was born about 1750 in Duplin Co., NC. He died in
1816 in Richmond Co, GA. !Data from will and census from Mrs Patricia
Nicholson EDWARDS-1765 Silverado Trail-Napa CA 94558 (89). Father-John
HOLLEY of NC then to Chesterfield SC,Mother Rebecca ?- "The list of
children was taken from data provided to me by another person. I tried
to find his will, but the GA Archives said they could not find it. The
marriages are on file in Richmond Co GA. Eli and James II settled in
Wilcox Co AL where his children married during the 1820's. It seems that
Eli migrated to TX and James II died in AL".

James HOLLEY had the following children:

28 i. Eli HOLLEY.
+29 ii. Frances HOLLEY.
30 iii. Unknown HOLLEY. !Married Ephriam PONDER
+31 iv. Martha HOLLEY.
+32 v. James HOLLEY II.
+33 vi. Mary HOLLEY.

11. Rachel HOLLEY was born about 1750. data from John Fitzpatrick
22948 Gant Quarters Drive, Marietta GA. 30068-3735

FOURTH GENERATION

17. William III HOLLEY was born on 1 Aug 1771 in Cheraw Dist., , SC.
He died on 5 Oct 1857 in Coffee Co, AL. He was buried in Holley Cem,
Kingston, Covington Co, AL. Other data by Lois A. Danley, 251 North
Maryella Ave-Panama City, FL 32404 (97) !Data by Mrs Verna Inez HOLLEY
PHILLIPS-P O Box 11201-Montgomery AL 36111-birth dated from "Early
History of Covington Co AL-1821-1870 by W D Ward" Also 1840 census of
Covington AL-William lived in Spartanburg Co SC in 1770s and moved to AL
in 1818.

Later data by Jean Holley Day - 52 W. Broadway - Danville IN 46122. (97)

Other data by Lois A. Danley, 251 North Maryella Ave-Panama City, FL
32404 (97)
Holley Cemetery at Holley's Ferry on Hew Elba-Kingston Highway, 1/4 mile
north of concret bridge on Pea River. Only eleven graves. William and
Charlotte Holley, Hosea, John , Eliza, Hosea Thomas Holley , Lewis J.
Coon.
It is believed that William and Charlotte had 7 boys and two girls.
Came to Conecuh Co., at 1819, settling in Covington Co. AL near present
city of Sanford on the waters of Five Run Creek. On Dec 23, 1823
purchased 80 ac. (NW1/4 of NW1/4 sec 13 T4 R16) William and Charlotte
moved to Coffee Co. AL abt 1850.

He was married to Charlotte MASSEY between 1790 and 1798. Charlotte
MASSEY was born on 25 May 1778. She died on 9 Jul 1855 in Coffee Co,
AL. She was buried in Holley Cem, Kingston, Coffee Co, AL.
!Father-Arthur MASSEY ---Mother Elizabeth ALSTON William III HOLLEY and
Charlotte MASSEY had the following children:

+34 i. Hosea W. HOLLEY.
+35 ii. Calvin HOLLEY.
+36 iii. Eli HOLLEY.
+37 iv. Alfred HOLLEY.
+38 v. John S. HOLLEY.
+39 vi. William HOLLEY Jr..
+40 vii. Martha HOLLEY.
41 viii. Unknown HOLLEY.
42 ix. Unknown HOLLEY.

19. Keziah HOLLEY was born on 20 Dec 1776 in , Kershaw, South Carolina.

Oliver MASSEY was born after 1772 in SC. He died in 1841 in Perry Co.,
AL. Source: My Masey Family in England-by Judge Frank A Massey-Civil
Courts Building- Ft. Worth TX 76102.

Pg 80. Oliver, who was on the 1810 census for Kershaw Co., SC apparently
without any wife, seems to have had four sons under 10, one son 10 to
16, one daughter under 10 and two daughters 10 to 16 years of age.
Oliver died in Perry Co.,AL in 1841 at the age of 69 (Hopewell Church
Cemetery Records). Some of his children were George and James Ms. died
in Perry Co., AL in 1850; Joseph (1814-1847) and his twin Lydia, wife of
R O Harris (1814-1849); Aaron b 1826 and lived to be 22 years of age.
Apparently the wife of Oliver at the time of his death, was named Kesia,
perhaps Kesiah Welch of Kershaw Co. SC.

22. Ann HOLLEY was born on 22 Aug 1778 in , , South Carolina.

23. Lydia HOLLEY was born on 4 Sep 1780 in , , South Carolina.

24. John *HOLLEY was born on 22 Dec 1782 in Lynches Creek, , South
Carolina. He died after 1870. Data from:Phyllis Evelyn Holley
Blickensderfer- e-mail<>

SOURCE: Alabama Index to 1830 United State Census. Bobbie James McLane
1973

Page 163: Holley's listed in Perry County Alabama:
Pinckney
Richard
Zacharia

There was no listing shown for John Holley, with or without
the 'e'

CENSUS 1850: Grapevine Library Microfilm
Page - Tuscaloosa County Alabama - District # 19
467-467 John Holley 55 M Farmer Val. PP 1200 b. SC
Elizabeth 46 F b. NC
Sion 19 M b. AL
Maria 16 F b. AL
James 15 M b. AL
Catharine 12 F b. AL
Richard 9 M b. AL
John 4 M b. AL

Neither Maria nor Catherine are listed with the family in the 1860
census.
Need to check marriages in the area from 1855-1860.

CENSUS 1860: Grapevine Library Microfilm
Page - Tuscaloosa County Alabama -
1064/1101 John Holley 64 M Farmer Val. RE 2000 b. SC
Elizabeth 55 F b. NC
James 23 M 260 b. AL
Richard 18 M b. AL
Martha E. 9 F b. AL

Need to check tax records/property records 1860-65 to determine when
John and
Elizabeth moved from Tuscaloosa AL to Rusk TX

CENSUS 1870: Fort Worth Library Microfilm M593 Roll 1603
Page 200 - Rusk County Texas - Precinct #4
278-287 Holley, John 73 MW Farmer Val. RE x Val PP 125 b. SC
Elizabeth 66 FW KH b. NC
Martha 19 FW at home b. AL
Benjamin 9 MW b. AL

It would be correct to assume Benjamin is Sion Holley's son.

Family tradition was that Sion took Benjamin and Susan to his father
after
their mother and siblings died of "the fever". Rusk County records will
need
to be checked to determine when John and Elizabeth left Alabama for
Texas.
Since Richard enlisted in the Confederacy in Rusk County, we know he
arrived by
1862. Apparently John, age 4 in 1850, died prior to the 1860 census.
But what
happened to James, age 23 in 1860? He would have been the right age to
have
served in the Civil War, too. We do know that Martha moved to Texas
with her
parents and married in 1871 in Rusk County. We know from E. J. Holley
that
Maria was living with James Madison and Lydia (Walden) Holley about
1900.

Elizabeth was born about 1804 in , , North Carolina. She died after
1870. She has reference number 17. SOURCE: Family tradition has given
HOLMES as Sion's mother's maiden name.
But so far no records have included her surname. John *HOLLEY and
Elizabeth had the following children:

+43 i. Sion Perry HOLLEY.
44 ii. Maria HOLLEY was born about 1834 in , , Alabama. She died after
1900 in , , Arkansas. SOURCE: E. J. Holley - Domer remembers his
father mentioning aunt Maria. Her
name was pronounced "Ma ri' ah". About 1900, she was living with
James Madison
and Lydia Jane (Walden) Holley in Arkansas. None of the surviving
family has
additional information on Maria, not even whether she married or not.
A check
of the 1900 census showed she was not living with them, but Mike T.,
his
brother, was.
45 iii. James HOLLEY was born about 1835 in , , Alabama. NOTE: James
would be the right age to have served in the Confederacy. Alabama
records should be checked, as well as Texas.
46 iv. Catharine HOLLEY was born about 1838 in , , Alabama. NOTE:
Catherine is not listed with the family in the 1860 census, but at age
22, it is quite possible she married prior to this census.
Tuscaloosa records
between 1855-1860 should be checked for a marriage.
47 v. Richard HOLLEY was born about 1842 in , Tuscaloosa, Alabama. He
died in 1903 in , Polk, Arkansas. He was buried in Witherspoon Cem.,
Polk, Arkansas. SOURCE: CW Veteran Pension Application for Sion Holley

Copy of Proof of Service signed by R. R. Holley 23 June 1902, Smith
Co. TX.

MARRIAGE: "Marriages of Rusk County" compiled by Mrs. Frances Terry
Ingemire
Lists: Page 44 - Richard R. Holley m. Charleenly Gage 18 Feb. 1868.

CENSUS 1870: Fort Worth Library, Microfilm M593, Roll 1603
Page 262 - Precinct # 5 Rusk County, TX
95-98 Holly, Richard 28 MW Farmer Val. RE x Val. PP 250 b. AL
Charley 25 FW KH b. AL
Frank 1 MW at home b. TX
48 vi. John HOLLEY was born about 1846 in , , Alabama. CENSUS 1850 and
1860: John is listed with his parents in the 1850 Census in
Tuscaloosa, Alabama at the age of four. He is not listed with them
in the 1860
census when he would have been fourteen. Although it is most likely
he died
between those years, records in Tuscaloosa need to be checked to
verify this.
It is also possible he was with relatives when the 1860 census was
taken.
49 vii. Martha HOLLEY was born in 1851 in , Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
SOURCE: Euless, TX Library - "Marriages in Rusk Co. 1843-1877"
Compiled by Frances Terry Ingmire
Martha Holley m. H G Bullard

CENSUS 1870: Gave birth state as Alabama, as did Sion and Richard.

25. Daniel HOLLEY was born on 21 Nov 1785 in , , South Carolina. He
died after 1860. SOURCE: 1860 Natchitoches Parish LA (households 1149
& 1148) This census lists a Daniel Holley, age 74 (placing birth date
about 1786) living with Joel Brewer, age 40, planters born in South
Carolina. Also in the household is Annie, age 30 b. SC.

Next door is the family of Z. Holley, age 36, also a planter born in
South
Carolina, along with Margaret, 33; Mary A., 15; Nancy H., 12; Joanah
[sic], 10;
David, 7; and Harris, 3. All were born in South Carolina, except
Harris, who
was born in Louisiana.

It could be assumed this Daniel is John's brother, that Annie is his
daughter
and he is living with her next door to his son, Zachariah. Further
research
will be needed to substantiate these relationships.

Daniel HOLLEY had the following children:

+50 i. Zachariah HOLLEY.

29. Frances HOLLEY was born about 1780 in SC. !Married Willis MONK 21
Sept 1799

She was married to Willis MONK on 21 Sep 1799.

31. Martha HOLLEY. !Married Willaim HOBBS 16 April 1795

She was married to William HOBBS on 16 Apr 1795.

32. James HOLLEY II was born on 14 Mar 1774 in Chesterfield Co, SC. He
died on 22 Sep 1852 in Lowndes Co., AL. He was buried in Oakview Cem.
Lowndes Co., AL. !Data from census and marriage records by Mrs Patricia
Nicholson
EDWARDS (1988) -1765 Silverado Trail-Napa CA 94558. Godfrey's children
were Lee G,born 1834 and Jesse born 1841 living in Sumter Co AL in
1850 with their step-father, Archibald PIPKINS. There is a widow,
Lydia, born 1793 in GA and was in Chochaw Co AL who is probably
connected. Arnold is living Green Co MS Marriage records are in Wilcox
Co AL Marriage recorded on LDS IGI's pg 2718 GA (1988)

Additional data from Mrs. Charlene Holley Smith-Rt 2 Box 12- Lone Oak,
TX 75453-9802. (96)

He was married to Mary BRYANT-WHITE on 21 Mar 1796 in Richmond Co, GA.
Mary BRYANT-WHITE was born in 1788 in SC. !Father John Bryant-Mother
Susannah ? (remarried after John's death)
Data from Richmond Co GA marriage records and deeds. James HOLLEY II
and Mary BRYANT-WHITE had the following children:

+51 i. James III HOLLEY Farmer.
+52 ii. Godfrey HOLLEY.
+53 iii. Martha HOLLEY.
54 iv. Jefferson HOLLEY was born about 1807 in Lowndes Co., AL.
+55 v. HOLLEY.
+56 vi. ARNOLD HOLLEY.
+57 vii. Thomas L. *HOLLEY.

33. Mary HOLLEY. !Married William BRYAN 5 June 1796

She was married to William BRYANT on 5 Jun 1796.

FIFTH GENERATION

34. Hosea W. HOLLEY was born on 16 Feb 1799 in Spartanburg Co, SC. He
died on 23 Jan 1858 in Covington Co, AL. He was buried in Holley Cem.,
Covington Co.,AL. From Columbus Enquire Dec 27, 1834-The house of Mr
Hosea HOLLEY of Covington Co AL was burned Monday evening last. His
wife, infant child, and a Miss Jourdan, a niece of his about 12 years of
age, were cruely murdered by two negro women belonging to Mr HOLLEY.
Data by Mrs Patricia N. EDWARDS-1765 Silverado Trail-Napa CA 94558

Mrs Verna Inez HOLLEY PHILLIPS-P O Box 11201-Montgomery AL 36111

Will of Hosea HOLLEY

!In the name of God, Amen: I, Hosea Holley, of State of Alabama, county
of Coffee, being of sound mind and in my right senses, do, declare this
to be my last will and estament--that is to say:
1st After the payments of my last debts, I give and bequeath to my
daughter, Martha Jane, and to the heirs of her body my Negro girl,
Lugene.
2nd I give and bequeath to my daughter, Mary, and to the heirs of her
body my Negro girl, Rose.
3rd I give and bequeath to daughter, Elizabeth, and the the heirs of
her body my Negro girl, Eliza.
4th I give and bequeath to my son, Hosea Thomas, my Negro boy, Green.
5th I give ad bequeath to my daughter, California, and to the heirs
of her body my two Negro girls, Charlotte and Reldy. I wish my children
all well educated and be made to go to school.
6th The balance of my property both real and personal I wish keep
together until my youngest child arrives at age and then to be equally
divided amongst my legal heirs without a sale.
7th I hereby appoint my brother, John HOLLEY, my legal agent to act
and transact all business belonging to my estate in my .......... and
stead to sue and be sued and to have the same power in law and equity
that I could have though I was still living.
8th It is not my wish to have my estate administered on by either
administrators or executors. I simply wish it to remain as it is,without
any sale and equally divided amongst my heirs when the youngest child
becomes of age as I have before remarded. I leave it in
the hands of my brother, John, my legally appointed and constituted
agent- and it is
not my will that he shall give any bond for any of his transactions in
the discharge of any business connected with my estate. And I wish him
will paid for his service. In witness whereof, I have hereunto set my
hand and affixed my seal this 19th day of January AD 1858 Hosea Holley

The above written instrument was subscribed by the said Hosea Holley in
our presences and acknowledged by him to each of us and he at the same
time published and declared the above instrument so subscribed to be his
last will and testament. And we as the testators.... and in his presence
have signed our names as witnesses hereunto. William
Simmons--C C Holley--Nace Rupell

Above will recorded in Book of Wills Orphans Court records, on Pages
135, 136 and 137, February 6 , A D, 1858, P D Costello, Page 66 , Judge,
Coffee

New Contributor in 1997, Rhonda Fleming Smith-814 South Gay Ave -
Callaway, FL 32404
e-mail <>. Rhonda subscribes that Godfrey Lee Holley
is not who he sayes he is, but is in reality a Stedham brother that
came in and married to two youngest daughters of Hosea Holley. They
(Stedhams) are reported to be involved in a murder and came here married
and changed their names to escape.????????? As best as I can find this
is all family gossip, with no fact to support. At least none that has
been shown me.

Data by Patricia Nicholson Edwards-26 Robin Wood Place-Purvis MS 39475
(97) include tax records ,census and marriage records-Mrs EDWARDS is a
descended from this James
Holley III, through his dau., Mary Matilda Holley (Godfrey Lee Holley's
sister). She does not know where James and Nancy are buried, although it
must be in Wayne Co. MS. The children did not stay after James'death;
but moved on to other places. Mary Mitilda died in Covington Co MS
Godfrey and Columbus married daughters of Hosea HOLLEY.

Nancy MOYE 2nd wife was born on 1 Jan 1821 in SC. She died on 16 May
1859 in Coffee Co, AL. She was buried in Coffee, Al. Hosea W. HOLLEY
and Nancy MOYE 2nd wife had the following children:

+58 i. Martha Jane HOLLEY.
+59 ii. Mary Jane HOLLEY 2nd wife.
60 iii. Elizabeth 'Eliza' HOLLEY was born on 2 Feb 1850 in Coffee Co,
AL. She died on 20 Sep 1855 in Covington Co, AL. She was buried in
Holley Cem, Kinston Hy, Covington Co, Al. stone reads'daughter of Hosea
and NMHolley, dob ?1852
+61 iv. Nancy Elizabeth "LizzieBeth" HOLLEY.
+62 v. Hosea Thomas HOLLEY.
+63 vi. California HOLLEY.
+64 vii. Georgia Alabama "Bama" HOLLEY.

He was married to Patsy MANCILL about 1825 in Covington Co, AL. Patsy
MANCILL was born before 1810 in SC. She died on 22 Dec 1834 in Conecuh
Co., AL. Patsey and 2 children, a neighbor girl named Jordon killed by
2 slaves,
Who burned the house, after killing Patsey with a hoe, the children
suffered the same
fate, the Jordon child tried to bribe for her life with a fifty cent
piece, they swng
her against the gate post, then flung her into the burning house.The
father, Ed
ward Mancill, took two women to jail, youngest said "Old Suze'
threatened
her
if she didn't help; who were caught, hanged at Montezuma. Hosea moved to

Coffee Co near brother John and remarried. However, in 1840 Cov. Co
census,
shows Hosea with woman and children in HH.If he Mar Nancy in 1838 as
suspected then this would be her, not Patsey. The only known record of
his
middle intial W is on an 1838 federal land grant in Coffee Co. ALFrom
Columbus Enquire Dec 27, 1834-"The house of Mr Hosea HOLLEY of
Covington Co AL was burned Monday evening last. His wife, infant
child, and a Miss Jourdan, a niece of his about 12 years of age, were
cruely murdered by two negro women belonging to Mr HOLLEY."

Additional data on above murder "Patsey and two children, a neighbor
girl named Jordon killed by two slaves. The slaves burned the house,
after killing Patsey with a hoe. The children suffered the same fate.
The Jordan child tried to bribe for her life with a fifty cent piece.
However the slaves swung her against the gate post, then flung her into
the burning house. The father Ed Mancill, took the two women to jail.
The youngest said "Old Suze " threatened her if she help. They were hung
in Montezuma.

Hosea moved to Coffee Co. AL, near his brother John and remarried.
However in 1840 in the Covenington Co., AL census shows Hosea with a
woman and children in HH. ???? Hosea W. HOLLEY and Patsy MANCILL had
the following children:

+65 i. John HOLLEY.
+66 ii. Zachariah "Zef" HOLLEY.
+67 iii. Jane HOLLEY.
+68 iv. Solomon G. HOLLEY.
69 v. Child ..HOLLEY died in 1834 in Conecuh Co, Al.
70 vi. Child HOLLEY died in 1834 in Conecuh Co, Al.

35. Calvin HOLLEY was born in 1803 in SC. He died on 4 Apr 1846 in
Covington Co, AL. He was buried in Mancill Cem., Covington Co., AL.
!Family data from book "The Holley Tree" by Verna Holley Phillips-P O
Box
11201-Montgomery AL 36111

He was married to Mary "Polly" MANCILL in 1829 in SC. Calvin HOLLEY and
Mary "Polly" MANCILL had the following children:

71 i. Moley HOLLEY was born in 1831. !Married Benjamine DOZIER
72 ii. Charlotte HOLLEY was born in 1833. !Married Issac TAYLOR
73 iii. Adaline HOLLEY was born in 1835.
74 iv. Caroline HOLLEY was born in 1837.
75 v. Hosea HOLLEY was born in 1839.
76 vi. Annie HOLLEY was born in 1845.

36. Eli HOLLEY was born in 1805 in SC. He died about 1835 in Heath?,
Covington Co., AL. Family data from book "The Holley Tree" by Verna
Holley Phillips-P O Box 1201,
Montgomery AL 36111

He was married to Elizabeth ATKINSON on 9 Apr 1827. Eli HOLLEY and
Elizabeth ATKINSON had the following children:

77 i. Elisa H HOLLEY was born in 1829.
+78 ii. Elizabeth HOLLEY.

37. Alfred HOLLEY was born on 15 Feb 1811 in Marlboro Dist., SC. He
died on 23 Mar 1885 in Pensacola., Escambia Co., FL. He was buried in
Pensacola, Escambia Co., FL. !Family data from book "The Holley Tree"
by Verna Holley Phillips-P O
Box
11201-Montgomery AL 36111

He was married to Tempy BRYAN on 23 Mar 1835. Tempy BRYAN was born in
1812. Alfred HOLLEY and Tempy BRYAN had the following children:

79 i. Eveline HOLLEY was born in 1837.
80 ii. Eli HOLLEY was born in 1839. !Married Sarah J RILEY
81 iii. Mary HOLLEY was born in 1840.
82 iv. Aldred HOLLEY was born in 1842.
83 v. Calvin H HOLLEY was born in 1846.
84 vi. Tempy C HOLLEY was born in 1850. !Married R A CREDILLE

38. John S. HOLLEY was born on 2 Feb 1813 in Spartanburg Co, SC. He
died on 27 Apr 1861 in Covington Co, AL. He was buried in Holley Cem,
Coffee Co, AL. !Family data from book "The Holley Tree" by Verna Holley
Phillips-P O Box 11201 -Montgomery AL 36111

He was married to Harriet M. "Mattie" DANLEY about 1846. Harriet M.
"Mattie" DANLEY was born in 1825 in AL. John S. HOLLEY and Harriet M.
"Mattie" DANLEY had the following children:

85 i. William F HOLLEY was born in 1847.
86 ii. Martha Jane HOLLEY was born in 1849.
87 iii. John C HOLLEY was born in 1853.
88 iv. Hosea HOLLEY was born in 1855.
+89 v. Alfred HOLLEY.
+90 vi. Harriett Amanda HOLLEY.
91 vii. Oliver HOLLEY was born in 1859.

39. William HOLLEY Jr. was born in 1817 in SC. He died in FL. !Data
from book "The Holley Tree" by Verna Holley Phillips-P O Box
11201-Montgomery AL 36111

He was married to Mary UNKNOWN about 1840. William HOLLEY Jr. and Mary
UNKNOWN had the following children:

92 i. Elizabeth HOLLEY was born in 1840.
93 ii. John L HOLLEY was born in 1842.
94 iii. Charlotte C HOLLEY was born in 1844.
95 iv. Mary H HOLLEY was born in 1846.
96 v. Moses H HOLLEY was born in 1849.
97 vi. Alfred T HOLLEY was born in 1849. He died in 1899.
98 vii. Florida Ann HOLLEY.
99 viii. Martha HOLLEY.

40. Martha HOLLEY was born about 1806 in SC. She died about 1870.

She was married to Jesse Byrd SASSER SR. about 1821.

43. Sion Perry HOLLEY was born about 1830 in AL. He died on 3 Sep 1909
in Vandevoort, Polk, Arkansas. He was buried in Witherspoon Cem, Polk,
Arkansas. NOTE: Nothing so far gives written confirmation that Sion's
middle name was
Perry other than oral family sources, but they are consistent that he
used
this as his middle name.

SOURCE - Military service: Arkansas History Commission, Old State
House,
Little Rock, Arkansas 72201 John L. Ferguson, State Historian 4-22-1977

CERTIFICATION OF CONFEDERATE PENSION
Veteran's Application Number: 9211 Name of Veteran: Holley, Sion
Veteran served in Company H. 19 Texas Infantry from 1861 to 1865
(wounded).
Veteran's application approved 08-13-1903, enrolled from Polk County,
AR
Length of service: June 15, 1862 - May 1, 1865. Honorably paroled
May 6,
1865. Regiment: 19th Texas Infantry (Col. Waterhouse).
[Note: GW Holleman mentions "Dick Waterhouse"]

SOURCE - Military service: 4-11-91 Euless, TX library: "The Realm of
Rusk
County" by Garland Farmer.
Page 62 shows Private S. Holly, 32, Mt. Enterprise in Captain Harvey
A. Wallace's Co. H. 18th TX Infantry organized between May 4 - July 28,
1862.

"Report of Indigent Soldier's Families & Dependents in Rusk
County - 1864-1865" Shows "Holly, Sivin" with two dependents 23 Feb
1864.
Therefore, his wife and three older children died prior to this date.

"Marriages in Rusk County" compiled by Mrs. Frances Terry
Ingmire
Lists: Page 44 - Sion Holley m. Mary Holleman 28 Apr 1867.

SOURCE - Military Service: Arkansas Historical Society. Copies of
Application
for Pension, Proof of Service affidavits, Evidence of Physician,
Application
for Increased Pension (dated 15 June 1907, giving age as 77) and list of

heirs-at-law.

Shows signatures of all thirteen surviving children. Copies in
possession of
Elmer J. Holley and Phyllis E. (Holley) Blickensderfer.

Proof of Service affidavits signed by:
J. J. Holleman 18 Jul 1901 - Navarro Co. TX (this could be GW's son)

G. W. Holleman 20 May 1901 - Howard Co. AR
J. R. L. Etchison 17 Sept 1901 - Polk Co. AR
A. Bissell 17 Sept 1901 - Polk Co. AR
W. H. Jacobs 26 Jul 1902 - Howard Co. AR
R. R. Holley 23 June 1902 - Smith Co. TX

Evidence of Physician states Sion had "A depression in the breast over
the
right lung said to have been caused by being struck with a piece of
shell.
Physician also stated "has piles, has kidney disease, blind in right
eye.
General debility." Signed by J. N. Porter 2 Jul 1902.

CENSUS: Sion is listed with his father in the 1850 Tuscaloosa AL
census, but
was not listed with them in the 1860 Census. Nor does his name occur in
1860
census indices for Alabama, Louisiana or Texas.

CENSUS 1870: Sion is NOT listed in Rusk Co. However, he married there
in
1867 and children up to [James] Madison are showing Texas as their birth

state in the 1880 census. He was not listed with John Holley or Green
Wilson
Holleman, either. Index books do not list him.

CENSUS 1880: Ft. Worth Library - Microfilm T9, Roll 54
Page 14 - Dist #2 Enumeration Dist. 124 Ozark Township
118-131 Holley, Sion WM 49 Farmer b. AL Father b. SC Mother b. SC
Mary WF 35 KH b. TN " TN " TN
Benjamin WM 19 work on farm b. LA AL TN
Wm. WM 11 " b. TX AL TN
Page 15 John WM 5 b. TX AL TN
Nancy WF 6 b. TX AL TN
Catherine WF 4 b. TX AL TN
Madison WM 2 b. AR AL TN
Isabell WF 5/12 b. AR AL TN
Enumerated on the 21st & 22nd June 1880, Wm. J. Barton

CENSUS 1900: Need to check Polk Co. AR

NOTE: Except for the first three children who died in Rusk Co., Texas,
all of
Sion's children survived him, as attested by a sheet signed by his
Heir-at-law
regarding $50.25 due on his Civil War pension voucher No. 5651 (copy
included
in back of this material). Names and dates for his children come from
pages
from his Bible. The Bible was given to Elza Holley, who removed those
pages
and gave the Bible to Evelyn Tyler. Her mother, Lula (Holley) Tyler
died when
Evelyn was young and the Bible had several notes written by Lula -- the
only
items Evelyn had in her mother's handwriting.

He was married to Sarah Ann GOWEN 1st wife before 1854. Sarah Ann GOWEN
1st wife died before 1863 in Mt. Enterprise, Rusk, Texas. SOURCE:
Sion's wife and three oldest children died of a 'fever' in Rusk
County, Texas before 1863. Family tradition is that Sion took Susan and
Ben to
his father.

MARRIAGE: Although we have no documentation on Sion's first marriage,
there
is a listing for a marriage between Sion Holley and Sarah Ann Gowen in
1853 in
Lowndes county, Mississippi. Lowndes is just one county west of
Tuscaloosa,
Alabama. However, there were at least three other Sion Holleys shown
living in
either Alabama or Mississippi between 1850/1860. One was born in 1838,
probably too young for marriage in 1853. The two others were older. But

further research is needed to be certain whether Sarah Ann Gowen is
Susan and
Ben's mother. Rusk County death records also need to be checked during
the
period 1862-1863. They are not listed among those buried in the
Holleman
cemetary in Rusk county. However, there are several unmarked graves,
including
four together.

Sion Perry HOLLEY and Sarah Ann GOWEN 1st wife had the following
children:

100 i. Elsbury HOLLEY was born on 11 Oct 1854. He died before 1864 in
Mt. Enterprise, Rusk, Texas. He has reference number 444.
101 ii. Monroe HOLLEY was born on 22 Jul 1856. He died before 1864 in
Mt. Enterprise, Rusk, Texas. He has reference number 445.
102 iii. Elizabeth HOLLEY was born on 15 May 1858. She died before
1864 in Mt. Enterprise, Rusk, Texas. She has reference number 446.
+103 iv. Susan Frances HOLLEY.
+104 v. Benjamin L. HOLLEY.

He was married to Mary Elizabeth HOLLEMAN (daughter of Green Wilson
HOLLEMAN) on 28 Apr 1867 in Mt. Enterprise, Rusk, Texas. Mary Elizabeth
HOLLEMAN was born on 29 Sep 1853 in , McNairy, Tennessee. She died on
27 Feb 1890 in Vandevoort, Polk, Arkansas. She was buried in
Witherspoon Cem, Polk, Arkansas. NOTE: Although the 1880 census shows
Mary's birth year to be approximately
1845, the 1860 census with her parents (which would be more reliable)
indicates
her birth year to be 1853 -- or 1852 at the earliest. This would mean
she was
either 14 or 15 when she married Sion in 1867. September 29 comes from
Holleman family records.

SOURCE: Witherspoon Cemetery: One mile south then one-half mile east
of
downtown Vandervoort, Arkansas. Listing for M. E. Holley Sep 20,
1864-Feb 27,
1890. A visit to the cemetery is necessary to verify the listing.
Neither
Mary Elizabeth (Holleman) Holley nor Mariah Holley fit the dates shown.
Both
were born prior to 1864 -- although if there was a typo and it is 1854,
it
could be Mary's birth date -- and Mary had a child born in November,
1890 and
one in 1893. Sion Perry HOLLEY and Mary Elizabeth HOLLEMAN had the
following children:

+105 i. William Lonzo HOLLEY.
+106 ii. John Wilson HOLLEY.
107 iii. Nancy Jane HOLLEY was born on 21 Feb 1873 in Mt. Enterprise,
Rusk, Texas. She died on 6 Jan 1950 in Weatherford, , Oklahoma. She
was buried on 8 Jan 1950 in Weatherford, , Oklahoma. She has reference
number 451. SOURCE: Signature of Heirs-at-law of Sion Holly, deceased
regarding $50.25
due on CW Pension Voucher No. 5651. Signed as: Nancy Minyard

SOURCE: Funeral Card
In memory of Mrs. Nancy Jane Minyard
Born Russ (sic) County, Texas, Februry 22, 1873
Passed Away, Weatherford, Oklahoma January 6, 1950
Services from: Lockstone Funeral Home Weatherford, Oklahoma, Sunday,
January
8, 1950 2:00 p.m.
Clergyman officiating: Rev. Thomas J Spence
Final resting place: Greenwood Cemetery, Weatherford, Oklahoma
Pallbearers: J. R. Jones, Melvin Jones, Denzel Minyard, James
Minyard, Carl
Megli, Fred Barnes
Soloist: Miss Treva Jo Vogt
Organist: Mrs. R. K. Williams

Census 1880: Ozark Township, Polk County, AR. Age 6, birth state TX

108 iv. Catherine Cassie HOLLEY was born on 1 Jan 1875 in Mt.
Enterprise, Rusk, Texas. She has reference number 452. SOURCE:
Signature of Heirs-at-law of Sion Holly, deceased regarding $50.25
due on CW Pension Voucher No. 5651. Signed as: Cassie Stanford

Census 1880: Ozark Township, Polk County, AR. Age 4, birth state TX

+109 v. James Madison HOLLEY.
110 vi. Esibell HOLLEY was born on 1 Feb 1880 in , Polk, Arkansas. She
was buried in , , Oklahoma. She has reference number 453. SOURCE:
Signature of Heirs-at-law of Sion Holly, deceased regarding $50.25
due on CW Pension Voucher No. 5651. Signed as: Bell Attebery.
Witnessed by
J. M. Attebery and Jack Tate of Wicks, Arkansas

SOURCE: Children are from a list compiled by Grace (Holley)
Galloway, Ocie
(Holley) Galloway and Elmer Jerry Holley. Lee Cruce was shown as
dying young,
as well as three other unnamed children.

Census 1880: Ozark Township, Polk County, AR. Age 5/12, birth state
AR
Name spelled Isabell
+111 vii. David Jerdin HOLLEY.
+112 viii. Bernice Carolyn HOLLEY.
113 ix. George Edward HOLLEY was born on 14 Apr 1888 in , Polk,
Arkansas. He has reference number 456. SOURCE: Signature of
Heirs-at-law of Sion Holly, deceased regarding $50.25
due on CW Pension Voucher No. 5651. Signed as: Edward Holley

NOTES: Edward never married.
+114 x. Mike T. HOLLEY.
115 xi. Lula HOLLEY was born on 9 Aug 1893 in , Polk, Arkansas. She
has reference number 458. SOURCE: Signature of Heirs-at-law of Sion
Holly, deceased regarding $50.25
due on CW Pension Voucher No. 5651. Signed as: Lular Holley

50. Zachariah HOLLEY was born on 4 Dec 1825 in Chesterfield Co, SC.
See bible record in notes. He died in Red River Ph., LA. He was buried
in Holley Springs Cemetery, Red River Ph., LA. Data from Susan and Boyd
Holley-704 Hollyhurst Drive-Bastrop, LA 71220 (97)
e-mail <> ph 318-281-9788
Data from Cary - e-mail <> (97)
Data from 1850 census of Chesterfield Co., SC and 1860 census of
Natchitoches Ph. LA

In the 1860 census a Daniel Holley was living with this family in LA.
Don't know who he is or where he came from.

I'm (TJM) almost sure this family tie to Richard Holley and Mary
UNKNOWN.

New data: as of (Aug 97)
[...]

He was married to Margaret J. UNKNOWN on 12 Apr 1848 in Chesterfield Co,
SC. Margaret J. UNKNOWN was born on 28 Sep 1827 in Chesterfield Co,
SC. Zachariah HOLLEY and Margaret J. UNKNOWN had the following
children:

+116 i. Mary Ann HOLLEY.
117 ii. Thomas Westley HOLLEY was born on 7 Oct 1846 in Chesterfield
Co, SC.
118 iii. Nancy Heneretta HOLLEY was born on 11 Jan 1849 in Chesterfield
Co, SC.
119 iv. Joannah HOLLEY was born on 15 Mar 1851 in Chesterfield Co, SC.
120 v. King David HOLLEY was born on 5 May 1853 in Chesterfield Co, SC.

121 vi. Harris HOLLEY was born about 1857 in LA.

51. James III HOLLEY Farmer was born about 1797 in Richmond Co, GA. He
died about 1870 in Wayne Co, MS. !James was in Wayne Co MS by 1840 and
was the only HOLLEY living in the Co. till 1880 according to the tax
rolls.
Data by Patricia Nicholson Edwards-26 Robin Wood Place-Purvis MS 39475
(97) include tax records ,census and marriage records-Mrs EDWARDS is a
descended from this James through his dau., Mary Matilda. She does not
know where James and Nancy are buried, although it must be in Wayne Co.
MS. The children did not stay after James'death; but moved on to other
places. Mary Mitilda died in Covington Co MS Godfrey and Columbus
married daughters of Hosea HOLLEY.

He was married to Nancy MANNING (daughter of John Clark MANNING and Mary
"Molly" UNKNOWN) on 28 Jun 1825 in Wilcox Co, AL. Nancy MANNING was
born about 1802 in Laurens Co, GA. She died about 1850 in Wayne Co,
MS. !Father-John Clark MANNING, Mother Mary ?-Data from census marriage

records and GA Indenture James III HOLLEY Farmer and Nancy MANNING had
the following children:

+122 i. W. Dawson HOLLEY.
+123 ii. Mary Matilda HOLLEY.
+124 iii. Columbus C HOLLEY 1st husb..
+125 iv. Godfrey Lee HOLLEY.
126 v. James HOLLEY was born about 1837 in Wilcox Co, AL.
+127 vi. Rebecca Jane HOLLEY.
128 vii. Unknown HOLLEY was born about 1845 in Wayne Co, MS. He died
in 1850.

52. Godfrey HOLLEY died about 1844 in Sumter Co, AL. Additional data
from Mrs. Patricia N Edwards-26 Robinwood Place-Purvis MS 39475 (97)

He was married to Harriet BYRD (daughter of W. BYRD) on 11 Dec 1838.
Godfrey HOLLEY and Harriet BYRD had the following children:

129 i. Lee G. HOLLEY was born in 1834.
130 ii. Jesse HOLLEY was born in 1841.

53. Martha HOLLEY was born about 1805 in Lowndes Co., AL. !Married
Andrew MANNING

55. HOLLEY. !Married Robert MANNING

56. ARNOLD HOLLEY was born in 1812 in GA. !Married Nancy MILLER 25 Feb
1838

He was married to Nancy MILLER on 25 Feb 1838.

57. Thomas L. *HOLLEY was born about 1839 in Lowndes Co., AL. He died
about 1845. Charlene Smith Holley-Rt. 2 Box 12-Lone Oak TX 75453 ph
903-662-5338 (96)
or her daughter Twila Scroggins at e-mail
<>(96)

Elizabeth BRYANT was born about 1805. She died about 1851. Thomas L.
*HOLLEY and Elizabeth BRYANT had the following children:

+131 i. Perry Milton HOLLEY.
132 ii. Bessant HOLLEY was born about 1825 in AL.
133 iii. Francis Marion HOLLEY was born about 1827 in AL.
134 iv. Thomas F. HOLLEY was born about 1830 in AL.
135 v. Henry T. HOLLEY was born about 1833 in AL.
136 vi. Dora A. HOLLEY was born about 1835 in AL.
137 vii. Mary HOLLEY was born in AL..

Prepared by:
Thomas J McBryde
6507 Huckleberry Cove