HOLLEY-L Archives

Archiver > HOLLEY > 1998-06 > 0898751460

From: "Jeff Snavely" <>
Subject: [HOLLEY-L] HOLLEY, John (William?) 1799-1870 Spartanburg Co., SC>Bradshaw, Giles Co., TN
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 00:11:00 -0500

Has anyone heard of the following Holley family.

John (William?) Holley (son of Nicholas Holley, Sr.) b. 1799 Spartanburg
Co., SC d. 1870 (prob.) Bradshaw, Giles Co., TN
married Oct 18,1819 in Maury Co., TN to Mary T. "Polly" Young b. 1802
Spartanburg Co., SC d. 1880
children: Thomas R., Edward W., Nicholas J. Jr., Nathaniel Young, Dollie
Caroline, Isaac P., John W., and Abraham B. (all born in Bradshaw, Giles
Co., TN in 1820's-1840's)

The ONLY information that I have on the Young family is as follows:
(I think some of the states may not be correct as the county stays the same
but the state keeps changing???)

Nathaniel Young died and buried. 1787 Spartanburg Co., TN
..Thomas Young died in Spartanburg Co., NC buried in SC
....Nathaniel Young d. 1820
....Mary T. "Polly" Young (see above)
..John Young b. Spartanburg Co., TN

I found a query on the Giles Co., TN query list that mentions a William,
Absolum, and John Holley on the 1830 Giles Co. Census. Could either the
John or the William in this census be my John (William?) Holley? Are the
other two his brothers? Does anyone have any more complete info on this
Holley family? I am especially looking for dates, locations, and ancestors
of Nicholas Holley, Sr. (I have seen mention of a Nicholas Holley from
SC>Ohio>Giles Co., TN that would fit the time period for my Nicholas
Holley, Sr. but I currently know nothing about my Nicholas except his name.

I have about two or three generations of descendants in several branches
and would like to fix errors, add ancestors, and extend the branches of
descendants to the present.

- Jeff Snavely

This thread: