HOMER-L Archives

Archiver > HOMER > 2009-05 > 1243248511

From: ,
Subject: Re: Homers of Boston & Dewitt, IA (GLEASON, Billerica)
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 10:48:31 -0000

Author: bbffrrpp
Surnames: Homer, Gleason, Livermore, Seger, Goss
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.homer/120.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi John. I don't research my HOMER ancestors very often. But, I decided to look in the archives of this Board this morning. And I just found your posting from 10 years ago. I noticed no one responded about your GLEASON question. I have the "history of Billerica" and just looked up your Sarah.

There is a short paragraph on GLEASON in the Genealogy part of the book. It starts out with:

Thomas GLEASON, of Watertown, Cambridge, and 1662 of Charlestown. He m. Susannah ______, and they had Thomas, Joseph, and John, who lived in Sudbury; Mary, b in Cambridge in 1657, and prob. Isaac, etc. This short paragraph is hard to understand. I think it says after Isaac was William. .. William married Abiah _____ and they had a child in 1687. Then? Joseph, John, and Elizabeth and in 1690 Isaac. Isaac m. Mary LIVERMORE, of Watertown, and lived in Sudbury, and they had a son, Isaac, who was the father of .. William, 1. .....

William, 1: The name first appears on the tax-list of 1754. He leased the College Farm and later purchased it. It remained the family home until 1850, when he moved to the Center. William m. Mary SEGER, who d. 1776; he m. secondly, 1780, Mary, widow of James GOSS. She d. 1817, and he d. 1818, age 88. CH: William, b1756, Mary, b1758, Hannah, b1760, William, b1763, Rebecca, b1765, Joseph, b1768, Ruth, b1770, Sarah, b1772, Lucy, b1776, Lucy, b1782. ... Sarah m. 1801 William HOMER, Boston, and had: William, Lucy, Augustus, Aaron, and Francis.

NOTE to others; this is a family to make note of:

William and Sarah (GLEASON) HOMER of Boston?, who had children: William, Lucy, Augustus, Aaron and Francis HOMER during very early 1800's. But, the previous message says that the father, William, was born in England !

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

Important Note: