HOMESPUN-L Archives

Archiver > HOMESPUN > 2002-08 > 1028554953

From: "Jilll Cruse" <>
Subject: [HS] Re:Shadow Boxes
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 08:46:55 -0700

Candace,
Thank you for the suggestion and I will go look at our local craft store to see if they have any that would accomidate for what I would like to do. If not, maybe I will ask my Dad if he could make me one.

I would like to make one for each of my four children. In this shadow box would be their first bible, a rosary, communion candle and baptismal cloth, baptism record and I would like to give it to them for christmas.

My husband made one while he was in woodshop during his high school days and he put all of his Sports awards in it.
It hangs in our living room and he was thinking about making one for my son, Ryan, who has enough letters and medals to fill a big one from all of his cross country meets and fun races.

I am also thinking about making one for my Mom for christmas. I have a wedding picture of my Mom and Dad, plus I have baby pictures of all three of us children.

I also saw some shadow boxes that were made, it looked liked out of 5X7 and 8X10 picture frames.
In these were dried flowers, picket fences, pictures made out of card board.
But I am not sure what kind of paper to use to make one.
I'll figure it out, though.
These, I would like to make and put in shop to sell.

I am also making tabletop centerpieces, swags, door wreaths and gift baskets with my daughter.
My daughter has learning disabilities and it has brought out the best in her creativity.
We have had the most fun opening up this gift shop.

Jill

This thread: