HOOPER-L Archives

Archiver > HOOPER > 2006-03 > 1143079547

Subject: Re: Descendants of William Howell Hooper & Margaret Jane Wilkerson
Date: 22 Mar 2006 19:05:47 -0700

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/Ykj.2ACIB/1434.1.1.1

Message Board Post:

Here is what census information I have on the William Howell Hooper line. Spelling will be as it appears on the original census microfilm. Where I was unsure of the spelling, I have put a question mark.

HENRY T. HOOPER - (born NC)

1850 Robertson Co., TN - 1253/1253

HOOPER, H. T.(?), male, 32, b. NC; shoemaker
HOOPER, Martha, 36, b. TN
HOOPER, Almeda, female, 15, b. TN
HOOPER, Deniza, female, 12, b. TN
HOOPER, Susan, 11, b. TN
HOOPER, Delilah, 8, b. TN
HOOPER, Allen, male, 6, b. TN
HOOPER, Sarah, 4, b. TN
HOOPER, James, 2, b. TN

Henry Hooper married Martha Little on 6 Aug 1835, Wilson Co., Tennessee. This is the only one I can find that fits for this marriage. The age of the first born is right with the marriage. Martha Whitcomb sent me information on him. She says Deniza Hooper married John Jefferson Watts, had one child, James Douglas Watts; this according to Sandi Watts Tompkins.

1860 Christian Co., Missouri - Ozark - 177/177

HOOPER, H. T., male, 42, b. NC; farmer
HOOPER, Martha, 44, b. NC
HOOPER, Susan, 19, b. TN
HOOPER, Delila, 17, b. TN
HOOPER, Allen, 16, b. TN
HOOPER, Sarah, 13, b. TN
HOOPER, James, 11, b. TN
HOOPER, Lucy, 9, b. TN
HOOPER, Henry, 5, b. TN
HOOPER, Hewel(?), male, 2, b. TN

1870 Green Co., Missouri - Springfield Post Office - 98/98

HOOPER, Henry T., 52, b. NC; farmer
HOOPER, Martha, 56, b. TN
HOOPER, Henry, 15, b. MO
HOOPER, William, 11, b. MO

1880 Hays Co., Texas - Precinct 2 - 62/62

HOOPER, Henry, 62, b. NC, father b. VA, mother b. NC; makes boots
HOOPER, Martha J., wife, 66, b. TN, both parents b. NC
HOOPER, William, son, 21, b. MO
HOOPER, Margret, dau-in-law, 22, b. MO
HOOPER, Virgie, dau, 6 months, born December, b. TX

Delila Hooper m. Thomas Green Martin in Green Co., MO in 1863. Lucy Hooper married Caleb Alonzo Martin.

Martha Whitcomb says that, according to Darlene Carpenter, Henry T. was the son of Samuel Hooper in Robertson Co., TN in 1840 census.

WILLIAM HOWELL HOOPER - (Son of Henry T. and Martha Hooper)

1860 Christian Co., Missouri - Ozark - 177/177

At home:
HOOPER, Hewel(?), male, 2, b. TN

1870 Green Co., Missouri - Springfield Post Office - 98/98

At home:
HOOPER, William, 11, b. MO

1880 Hays Co., Texas - Precinct 2 - 62/62

HOOPER, Henry, 62, b. NC, father b. VA, mother b. NC; makes boots
HOOPER, Martha J., wife, 66, b. TN, both parents b. NC
HOOPER, William, son, 21, b. MO
HOOPER, Margret, dau-in-law, 22, b. MO
HOOPER, Virgie, dau, 6 months, born December, b. TX

1900 Falls Co., Texas - Precinct 5 - 247/247

HOOPER, William H., Feb 1859, 41, married 23 yrs, b. MO, father b. NC, mother b. TN
HOOPER, Margrett, wife, Jul 1858, 41, m. 23 yrs; 9 children, 6 living, b. MO, both parents b. MO
HOOPER, Eugene, son, Nov 1891, 8, b. TX
HOOPER, Howell, son, Oct 1893, 6, b. TX
HOOPER, Goldie L., dau, Oct 1895, 4, b. TX
STONE, Tine, son-in-law, May 1879, 21, m. 2 yrs, b. TX, both parents b. TX
STONE, Etta, dau, Jun 1881, 18, m. 2 yrs, 2 children, 2 living, b. TX, both parents b. MO
STONE, Sonnie, grandson, Feb 1898, 2, b. TX
STONE, Mamie L., granddau, Sep 1899, 8/12, b. TX

This thread: