HOOVER-L Archives

Archiver > HOOVER > 2006-03 > 1141230474

Subject: RE: HOOVERS OF DAUPHIN CO PA (Including an Orbit Of Samuel Hoover)
Date: 1 Mar 2006 09:27:54 -0700

Surnames: Hoover
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/okj.2ACIB/192.553.557

Message Board Post:

Joan-
I read your email with Interest. I have 2 Samuel Hoovers. One is the son of Frederick Hoover b. 1777 PA
And the other I got from a cousin Hoover that says Jacob Hoover (son of George Huber Switzerland b. abt 1700) Will states he has a son name Samuel.

I have an ORBIT ( wrote Publish all of it - too much too type)

Samuel Hoover Employee of Rumely Co. (2 score years) Died at his Family Home on State St. Age 85. b. July 28, 1824 in Willisvile, NY became a Citz. abt. the time Mernrad and John Rumely laid foundation of the Great Threshing machine INdustry. He was married FOUR TIMES (!!!!) The Last UNion is surviving w/1 daughter who lives in Hammond. 1 brother Michael Hoover of Niles MI, 1 sister Mrs. Petit of Elkhart. He was a Baptist.
Relatives attending the funeral were:
Miss Harriet Huffenberger of Pequaning, MI , Henry Hoover of Hammond of Delcamp Barnes MI, and a L. Smith.
The Widow of Samuel was Hoover Sarah Shaffer. (exactly how it was written)
Hope this helps....

Darcy

This thread: