HORTON-L Archives

Archiver > HORTON > 2000-01 > 0946961096

From: <>
Subject: Amos Horton, Revolutionary War.
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 23:44:56 EST

For some time I have seen our ancestor Amos Horton's Rev War service listed
as Captn in Col Kemper's reg, Francis Marion's army, but no documentation
reference is ever give. I can get no information from NARA, and the SC Arch
&Hist only gives a reference to a Capt Horton serving with the SC militia, no
given name. So I requested a search by the DAR. They found Capt Amos Horton
referenced to in a soldier's pay stub, but the regiment was that of Col John
Marshall. This represents an orginal documentation of Amos' service. The
reference is given as:

South Carolina Stub Entries to Indents, Liber Y No. 352, Mr. John Fagan.

Thought I would pass this along.

Scott Owens

This thread: