HOSKINS-L Archives

Archiver > HOSKINS > 2011-07 > 1309804453

From: "" <>
Subject: [HOSKINS] Levi Hoskins and wife Sarah Elizabeth Brock of Harlan,Co.KY
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 18:34:13 -0000

Author: usasearch
Surnames: Hoskins, Brock
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.hoskins/1361/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Who are the parents of Levi? Some say Josiah and Sarah; that doesn't work. Yes, Josiah has a Levi with him in 1850 Harlan, B 1826, but there is another Levi ae 24 and wife Sarah E. Hoskins ae 17 in a household alone in Dist. 2 in Harlan 1850 Census. This couple should be Levi who married Sara Elizabeth Brock. Maybe by looking at Levi's childrens' names, we can get an answer. James Ransom, Jefferson C, William, Hiram, Mary J, Solomon L., Caroline, John M, Palestine, and Lemech? The name Hiram pops out at me. Could he be Levi's father since there is a Hiram in Harlan Co.? Levi died in 1914 in Owsley Co.,KY but his parents' names were not listed on his death certificate. I am open to any suggestions, or documention on these people. Thanks Paula

Important Note: