HOWARD-L Archives

Archiver > HOWARD > 2003-05 > 1051910106

Subject: [HOWARD-L] Re: Howard migration
Date: 2 May 2003 15:16:03 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/Aij.2ACEB/4619.1.1

Message Board Post:

Tom, I do not know when they were in Ga. nor Ky, except that there is some connection between Eliza R. McCann of Paris, Bourbon, Ky and of Adams Co., Ill. My Harriet E. Howard was born in Vermont 13 Aug. 1821, this is what she stated on the 1880 Nebraska Census (Carlton, Thayer, Neb.)
I do know that there is some relationship between the Rowes/Howards with Eliza R. McCann of Paris, Bourbon, Ky, as she wrote about them in her McCann Family History book that she wrote. (I have 78 pages of that book coming on the computer from another person.) I do not know where these people originated from for sure, but I can't find any connection to any Howard from Vermont and that area, I have looked at every Male name that comes on the mailing list and none of them list Harriet as a child, so therefore I assume that they migrated to Vermont from the south as that seems to be where the majority of the Howards are from. My Harriet married John G. Rowe in New York in 1836 someplace in New York (not proven) and then they started to migrate to Ill, and Davenport, Scott, Iowa and then to Nebraska where they lived in Beatrice, Gage, Neb. and Carlton, Thayer, Neb, where Harriet is buried, (John G. is buried in Davenport, Iowa). Harriet and one of her daughter"s Emma ran a dr!
essmaking business in Carlton. I'm in the process of sending for the death certificate for Harriet, hoping her parents will be listed. (I have a fairly large history on the Rowes). Some of the grandchildren of Harriet and John G. migrated to Montrose, Colo. I can find everyone except the Howards. We really need to stay in touch as I have seen your names listed and I keep for some reason returning to them, even tho none ring a bell.The Howard parents had to migrate from the south to the north as that is my last resort in finding them.
Joyce Cook

This thread: