HOWARD-L Archives

Archiver > HOWARD > 2003-05 > 1052097105

Subject: Re: [HOWARD-L] Re: Howards in Vermont
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 21:11:45 EDT

I also have Howards in Vermont. My Howards were Stephen Howard and his wife
Elizabeth Wray. Stephen was living in St. Mary's County, Maryland, when he
enlisted to fight in the Revolutionary War. After the war, he lived for a
time in Connecticut and then moved to Swanton Vermont. Later he moved to
Chazy, New York. I believe Elizabeth Wray's family was from Canada. I
haven't learned yet whose Stephen's parents were, but here are his children
that I know of:

William Howard, born c. 1792-1793 in Connecticut - married Elinor
Ferris and lived most of his life in Beekmantown, New York where he owned a
tavern which is still standing! He and Elinor are buried in Shelters
Cemetery, Beekmantown, NY.
Alexander Howard, b. c. 1804 (married Margaret ?) - lived for awhile in
Hummingsford, Canada
Catherine Howard, b. c. 1809
Susan Howard, b. c. 1808 in Swanton, Vermont - married John Brow,
Swanton, Vermont. Susan is buried in Swanton, Vermont.
Chloe Howard, b. July 11, 1810, Swanton, Vermont. Chloe died on February
5, 1892 in Lime Springs, Iowa and is buried in Pleasant Hill Cemetery, Lime
Springs, Iowa.. She married William P. Miller in Franklin County, Vermont
Jane Howard, b. c. 1813 in Vermont - married Asa McNamara

I am a direct descendant of William Howard. If anyone is a descendant of the
people listed above, please answer this e-mail and maybe we can correspond
and share information.

This thread: