HOWELL-L Archives

Archiver > HOWELL > 1998-11 > 0911504667

From: <>
Subject: [HOWELL-L] Etheldred Howell and descendants
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 14:44:27 EST

To: Howell family researchers
From: Marvin Essary Howell - Sacramento, Calif.

Does anyone have an ETHELDRED HOWELL in your
family tree? Etheldred Howell, born about 1668 in England,
is my earliest known relative. If you are related to him
or any of his descendants, let's share information.

I have extensive data about some of the following:

1. Etheldred's son was HENRY HOWELL (b. 1693) of Quay,
Virginia, and Wayne County, North Carolina. Married to
Rachel Boyte.

2. Henry Howell's son was RALPH HOWELL (1775-abt.1790)
of Wayne Co., North Carolina. Married to Jane Crawford.

3. Ralph Howell's son was WILLIAM RIGDON HOWELL
(1791-1878) of Hardeman County, Tennessee. Married
to Ann Fulghum.

4. William Rigdon Howell's son was RUFUS RIGDON HOWELL
(1829-1850) of Hardeman Co., Tenn. Married to Sara
Elizabeth Brown.

5. Rufus Rigdon (Wrigdon) Howell's son was FRANCIS MARION
HOWELL (1853-1932) of Hardeman Co., Tenn. Married to
Nancy Ann Thompson.

6. Francis Marion Howell's son was FRANKLIN EZRA HOWELL
(1887-1976) of Blytheville, Ark. Married to Vada Vadeene
Essary.

7. Franklin Ezra Howell was my father. I was born in Manila,
Arkansas, and have lived in California since 1955. Married
to Ellenor Joy Hardeman.

If you have any of these people in your lineage, let's
pool our information. Please e-mail me at the address below,
rather than replying on the list.

This thread: