HUBBARD-L Archives

Archiver > HUBBARD > 1998-10 > 0909011212

From: A.M. COADY< >
Subject: [HUBBARD-L] Hubbard, Amelia Co. Va.
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 19:06:52 -0400

Hi everyone! O.K.===got a new theory for you to consider and comment on:

Reuler RICHARDSON (b. c1740 Va.?) d. 1807 Nottoway Co. Va.
2nd wife: Anne HULME md. 23 Apr. 1761 Amelia Co. Va.
ch 1. William Richardson md. Rebecca GREENE 26 Feb. 1789
2. Elizabeth Richardson md. James HUBBARD 28 Aug. 1788 Amelia Co. Va.
(marriage witnessed by Elizabeth's brother David Richardson)
3. Mary Ann Richardson md. William B. ANDERSON
4. Robert Richardson
5. David Richardson b. c1770 Va. d. 1830 Henry Co. Ga. md. c1812
Priscilla MORRIS
6. John Richardson

O.K.----1814 Abbeville District SC Wills and bonds show:
David RICHARDSON, Wm. MORRIS (his father in law) and John MORRIS (his
brother in law) posting bond of $2,000 and David being made guardian of 6
minor HUBBARD children, Holloway and Mary (over 14) Cynthia, Dovey,
Elizabeth and Sarah under 14).
I believe these are the children of Elizabeth RICHARDSON and James HUBBARD.

Next: John Benjamin MORRIS (brother to Priscilla MORRIS/RICHARDSON) md.
Nancy HUBBARD (she was born in 1789). I believe that Nancy was the child of
Elizabeth and James HUBBARD.

There is an estate listed in Abbeville Dist. Wills and bonds for a James
HUBBARD ( I believe him to be the father of the children) I have not ordered
copies of those papers, but perhaps one of you kind folks have.

Any comments or thoughts on the above will be greatly appreciated.

Anne Coady

This thread: