HUDSON-L Archives

Archiver > HUDSON > 2006-09 > 1157660339

From: "Don Winn" <>
Subject: Re: [HUDSON] Hudson Family Association
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 15:18:59 -0500

Has anyone familiar with the Virginia Hudsons run across the name Miles W.
(William??) Hudson. Miles was born June 4, 1819 in Virginia (that is
according to his tombstone and the 1850 KY census records). Miles died May
24, 1893 at his home in Rocky Hill, Barren County, KY.

Early history records for Barren County, KY indicate there was a John Hudson
and some records indicate that he was from Virginia OR possibly South
Carolina. I don't know if this John Hudson was the father of Miles. Miles
did name one of his sons John. In 1850, Miles lived in Barren County, KY
and his age was listed in the census records as 31. He lived next to a
widow, Polly Hudson, age 49. This may have been his mother, but I have no
information to tell me her maiden name or whether she was the widow of John.
The 1850 census said that Polly was born in Virginia.

Any help on Miles would be appreciated. One son of Miles, J. Gran Hudson
moved to Smiths Grove, Warren County, KY. Other children remained in Barren
County, but I have not been able to track descendants.

Don Winn