HUGUENOT-WALLOON-L Archives

Archiver > HUGUENOT-WALLOON > 2002-02 > 1014170341

From: "Lee Morse" <>
Subject: Re: [Hug-Wal] Pierre NOE - Margaret Clark DUMONT
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:59:52 -0500

Hi Rowland and Listers,

I had ancestors on that same ship (or the same name?) in 1660. Aldert Roosa
and wife Wyntie de Jongh emigrated from Herwynen, the Gelderland,
Netherlands. There is some thought that their ancestors were Sephardic
Jews.

My Marchand ancestors were Huguenots, and they are on some kind of
"approved" list by a Hurguenot association.

Lee