HUGUENOTS-WALLOONS-EUROPE-L Archives

Archiver > HUGUENOTS-WALLOONS-EUROPE > 2000-05 > 0957642614

From: Fletcher Blanchard <>
Subject: [HWE] Huguenots at Winchester, England
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 15:50:14 -0400

The Pierre Chastain Family Association Page has a wonderful
timeline, entitiled "Huguenot and Protestant Reformed Chronology",
at www.kopower.com/~jimchstn/timeline.htm I am particularly
interested in the entry -

1574Death of Charles IX; accession of Henry III of France.
Huguenot settlement at Winchester, England, moved to
Canterbury. Truce with Huguenots in France.

Andrea has posted information about the Huegenot settlement in
Canterbury, but I would like to learn more about the Winchester
settlement which seems to have preceded it.

I am researching an early BLANCHARD line in Goodworth Clatford, HAM
(very near to Winchester) that is said to be Huguenot-connected and
would be very grateful for any information you might have.
Thanks. Fletcher

This thread: