HUGUENOTS-WALLOONS-EUROPE-L Archives

Archiver > HUGUENOTS-WALLOONS-EUROPE > 2001-07 > 0996159035

From: Janet Watson <>
Subject: [HWE] Surname Interests
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:50:35 +0100

I have not long subscribed to this list and would like to submit my
surname interests:

JOURDAIN - came to England,( Rye in Kent and then Spitalfields
in London) from Dieppe in 1685. Three siblings escaped from
France in 1685, namely Rachel JOURDAIN who was married to
Aaron PAIN, Marie JOURDAIN who was married to Guillaume
PIERRE and David JOURDAIN (wife unknown).

In the 1880's William Edward JOURDAIN and his wife Maria Louise
MEGGY founded the New Zealand branch of the family, and from
another section of the family Albert Stanislaus JOURDAIN, his wife
Alice BOUTELL and his brother Cornelius B JOURDAIN started
another branch in Tasmania.

I am also interested in the following surnames associated by
marriage: L'ESTOURGEON, SAVOYE, MOLLET, BOULARD,
VOISIN, SABINE, MARTINEAU.

I would be interested to hear from anyone with a Jourdain
connection.

Janet

This thread: