HUGUENOTS-WALLOONS-EUROPE-L Archives

Archiver > HUGUENOTS-WALLOONS-EUROPE > 2004-05 > 1083957882-01

From: "Donald Lerew" <>
Subject: Re: [HWE] Offer to do look ups
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 15:24:42 -0400

Please allow me to reiterate the great appreciate for this lookup. Being
across the Atlantic, it is nearly impossible for me to research old European
records easily.

I am looking for the LeRoux family who attended Threadneedle Church around
the year 1605 (Jonas LeRoux [son of Thomas] marr. Anne Bastien/Rastier [d/o
David]). All children but one were baptized there as well (one was baptized
at the Amsterdam Walloon Church). Other LeRoux members attended the church
at Canterbury.

Therefore, I would appreciate a lookup in:
1. The Walloon Church in Canterbury
2. Norwich
3. Colchester

If there are "masses", please concentrate most on Canterbury. I am hoping
to track down where Jonas's line went to. I know a Jonas appears in
Frankenthal, Germany by 1678...perhaps a descendent.

Thanks again.

Don Lerew

>>> "Tony Fuller" <> 05/07/04 01:33AM >>>
Hi Guys

Right folks, lots of responses to my message telling me that you're all
still out there, still researching and wondering what's been going on - or
not in the case of HWE actually.

Now I know that this will make you all sit up and pay attention!!!!!!!!!!

For this weekend, and this weekend only, I shall have a number of Hug Soc
Quarto Series publications at home, waiting to be sent off to be digitized
and released on CDRom.

Just to get everybody back using this great site (I promote it wherever I
can in the Hug Soc and NOBODY'S USING IT FOR DAYS/WEEKS very much) here's
what I have and the offer is one name in one book of your choice (if I find
derivations I'll post them, don't ask for them) from the following:

The Walloons and their Church at Norwich, their History and Register,
1565-1832
Register de I'Eglise Wallonne de Southampton

Registers of the Walloon Church in Canterbury, Parts 1-3.

History of the Walloon and Huguenot Church at Canterbury.

Register of the Dutch Church, Colchester.

Register of the French Church, Thorney.

Registers of the French Churches, Bristol, Plymouth, Stonehouse and
Thorpe-le- Soken

If there are` masses of them, you'll get the references.

That's it folks, I'll start doing them Saturday so GET POSTING

And where's young Leroy lately, he's been preternaturally quiet, off on his
travels again or hibernating in the Rockies somewhere!

Regards as ever

Tony Fuller.