HUGUENOTS-WALLOONS-EUROPE-L Archives

Archiver > HUGUENOTS-WALLOONS-EUROPE > 2004-05 > 1083998637

Subject: Re: DE SAINT (SOUPLIS)
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 02:44:01 EDT

Tony - Thank you for the "possible" on the subject name. However "Soubize"
has not heretofore shown up in our quest. A connection in France (F.
Surplie who addresses us in French as "Dear 'can be' Cousin" ) has given us the
following many variants:

Suplis, Sulpice, Sulpisse, Sulplice, Surplice, Souplis, Souplix, Kouplis.
Mention is made of a village named Soupliscourt near Abbeville in Picardie.
The first known was Ricard De Saint-Souplis, b. 1355, eight generations before
my 8xG-gf Andris Souplis, b.1634.

Well, you get the idea. His whereabouts after fleeing France until
resurfacing in the New World c. 1683 ?

Again, since I haven't a clue as to where to search, perhaps you'll just
remember the name and might luckily run across it during other searches?

Many many thanks.

Dori

This thread: