HUMPHREYS-L Archives

Archiver > HUMPHREYS > 2000-07 > 0964141616

Subject: [HUMPHREYS-L] John H. Humphrey b. 1851 Ga>AL>TX>AL
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 21:06:56 EDT

Hi,
With all the action on the list I thought I would once again throw my
Humphrey's out for someone hopefully to nibble on. I am looking for info on
the William H. Humphrey family. Wm. was born in Ga, ca 1828, married Sarah
Eidson(father was John), ca 1850, marriage record has his name spelled
UMPHEY. In 1851, John H. Humphrey was born, and his siblings were Wm. J. b.
1853 Thomas J, b. 1857, Sisily A. b.1857(married F. M. Brown) (they were
twins), these were b. in GA. They then moved to Alabama, Tallapoosa Co., and
in 1860 Sarah A. Humphrey was born, and then in 1861 Jessie L. Humphrey
(married Laura Gaither)was born. I have found them on the census, but in
1870 John H. and Thomas J, wasn't on the census, and I lost track of them.
Recently I found out that John H. and a brother(possibly Thomas J.) was in
Texas and travelled back to Alabama by covered wagon, and settled in the
Goodwater area.

John H. is my husbands line. He married Susan Whitehead, (but haven't been
able to prove if this is correct.) Both of them died before the 1900 census,
but after the birth of there youngest son Robert, b. 1896. Robert died
before age 12 on an orphan farm of pnemonia. Roberts' siblings
were:(husband's line) Brady Leonard, b. 1882 married Repsy Varner, John H. b.
1884, married Parilee Gordon lived in Goodwater, Sude b. 1888 married Ross
Railey of Alexander City, Alabama, other possible children may have been
Charlie b. 1876 married Louise Dunn, and Della b. married Lemuel Joyner, but
I haven't been able to confirm that.

After John and Susan died, the children lived with Lemuel Joyner, who was
listed as the childrens brother in law, and he was listed as a widower.

If anyone can add to, or even correct any of the above I would really
appreciate it.

Thanks,
Deanie Humphrey

This thread: