HUMPHREYS-L Archives

Archiver > HUMPHREYS > 2000-07 > 0964399266

Subject: Re: [HUMPHREYS-L] The new Humphreys
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 20:41:06 EDT

To: Dan Walker and Mitzi

Half the time I don't know who I am talking to, so here it is.

William Humphreys was born in Hempstead, Long Island, NY
Marrie Elizabeth Wiltsie June 11 1731
He was a Colonel from New York and died Jan. 29, 1791William and Elizabeth
had 10 children: Thomas, James, John, Cornellius, William, Henry
Elizabeth,Catherine, Mary & Ann

I think that William the 5th child was born in Yorkshire also, in 1745-50
Married Marrianna Walker in 1767 Va.
He died in Rutherford Co. N.C.
Marriana died in 1799, Rutherford Co., NC., her father was Judge Walker in
Virgina.
William came to VA, Jan 6, 1763, married 1767. Served as a Rev. soldier as a
private at the Batle of Kings Mt., SC 1781. Buried Clevelnad Co., SC in a
pasure on a fram of JoeMcraw.
Six children: John, born 1768 VA married 1st wife Julia Francis Ellis, Dec.
30, 1785 VA, Samuel married a Mcraw, David Married (1) Polly (2) Jane, Henry,
Willam and Francis married Mary James.

William married Marrianna first and the married Frances Sarrett.
William and Frances had (5) children: Susannah married a Husky, Margaret
married (1st) pritchard (2nd) Willam Trayton, Anderson born and died in 1800,
Jane born in 1814 and married a Hysky, Leady Suratt and nancy sarret was
Francis daughters by a previous marriage,..

Henry Humphreys the son of William and Marrian Humphreys marrie Winnie Grant
(I think). Let me know if this is what you want and I will send more. I am
going to Las VEgas the end of ths week,so I wll continue when I get back. I
would rather do this on a pedigre sheet.
Marnie
I can't guarantee this, but I had researched this years ago and then quit.
I'd like to get started again.

This thread: