HUMPHREYS-L Archives

Archiver > HUMPHREYS > 2000-07 > 0964513339

From: "Jo Koenig" <>
Subject: Re: [HUMPHREYS-L] Gedcom files
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:22:19 -0400

Depends on what file you have saved your information on. Here is how to
send if you have
Family Tree Maker,
GEDCOM INSTRUCTIONS
In Family Tree Maker ,
go to FILE
choose COPY/EXPORT FAMILY FILE

A new window will appear asking you for a FILE NAME and SAVE AS TYPE.
Enter a new file name (for instance, Humphries Tree) and where it says SAVE
AS TYPE,
change that to GEDCOM (*GED).
Then click on SAVE.

Another window should pop up asking you for DESTINATION, GEDCOM, and CHAR
SET.

For Destination, make sure it says FTW
For GEDCOM, make sure it says VER 5.5.
For Char Set, make sure that it says IBMPC
then click OK.

That's it. Then all you will need to do is send an email with that file
attached. The program should create the file within you FTW directory on
your hard drive.

Closeout FTM
Go to email.
New Message