HUNGERFORD-L Archives

Archiver > HUNGERFORD > 2000-01 > 0948654674

From: <>
Subject: Joos Lee
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 14:11:14 -0500

I try to avoid reporting internet finds (but my last one & this one are
just that!) as they are easily found by most of you and in most cases are
of dubious value unless the source(s) are given by the reporter of the
record.

I have seen a lot of comments about Joos Lee marrying Anne Hungerford. I
finally have a source for this claim that can be double-checked.

The source is reported as "Aelteste Genealogie der Familie Bischoff" in
Basel. (Is there anyone out there is a position to check on this?)

It reports:

Husband: Joos Lee, born 1570. "Of Leiden, South Holland, Holland." He
married, about 1590, in England, to Anne Hungerford. Joos died 8 Jul 1671
at Leiden, South Holland, Holland. Anne was born 1574 at Farleigh
Hungerford.

Their child: Tryphosa Lee, born between 1596 and 1599 in Leiden. She
married 2 Jan 1619/20 in Leiden/Leyden to Stephen Tracy. She died 1655 at
Plymouth, MA.

The only other source this contributor reports is Ancestral File (TM).

More next week.

Regards,

Richard W. Hungerford, Jr.

13810 Frederick Ave.