HUSTON-L Archives

Archiver > HUSTON > 2005-03 > 1111086431

From: Joan Meddaugh <>
Subject: Walter Huston/Bayonne Whipple
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:07:11 -0500

Hi List,

I am interested in finding out more information about Bayonne Whipple
that was married to Walter Huston as his second wife.

We have friends in Candor, NY that are related to Bayonne. In fact
Bayonne when married to Walter had a house in Candor that they called
Rose Cottage named after her fathers family which was Rose. Bayonne
might have married a Whipple before she married Walter in 1915.

I have searched the internet and had a hard time finding much about
Walter and Bayonne which was her stage name. Her real name is Mina Rose
and her father was a minister named R S. Rose.

Bayonne is buried in Candor, NY in Maple Grove cemetery She died in 1937
on Balboa Island, California.

If you can direct me to the correct web site or have any thing more about
her family the Rose's and her possible marriage to a Whipple please
contact me.

And by the way, I do have a picture of her that was found in the house of
my friends which are relatives of hers. This house was formally known as
Rose Cottage and held many fond memories of my dear friend when she
visited there as a child for summer picnics.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Joan Beebe Meddaugh

This thread: