HUTCHCRAFT-L Archives

Archiver > HUTCHCRAFT > 2001-07 > 0995291889

From: "Evalyn Turner" <>
Subject: Re: [HUTCHCRAFT] HUTCHCRAFT FAMILY
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 09:58:09 -0400

Cynthia,

The following information is from Edna Hutchcraft Welling book "THE
HUTCHCRAFTS IN AMERICA.

"Our knowledge of the Hutchcraft family history begins in Surrey, England
where Thomas, son of James, and Hannah Hazelwood were married in 1725. By
1734 Thomas and Hannah had crossed the ocean to Anne Arundel County,
Maryland where they purchased land. Their four children, James, Nannie,
Catia and John were born there"

"Page from Thomas Hutchcraft Family Bible

Hannah Hutchcraft was Born 10th Nov. 1699
Thos. Hutchcraft was Born June 1696
James Hutchcraft was Born 10 Nov. 1731
Catia Hutchcraft was Born 5th July 1733
Nanny Hutchcraft was Born 8 Sept. 1736
John Hutchcraft was Born 28 Decem. 1739
John Bennett was Born 16Mar. 1740 "
[relationship of this person to family is not known] author remark"

" Thomas Hutchcraft, son of James Hutchcraft, was born June 1696 in ENG, and
married 28 May 1725 in Kingston-on-Tims, Surrey, ENG, Hannah Haselwood who
was born 10 Nov. 1699 in ENG. Thomas died before Feb. 1771 in Anne Arundel
Co., MD. and was buried before Feb 1771 in Anne Arundel Co.MD. Hannah died
before Sep 1767 in Anne Arundel Co., MD and was buried before Sep 1767 in
Anne Arundel Co, MD"

I checked the index of names in the book and there is no UPCHURCH listed,
but thought perhaps you might be interested in the information..

Good Luck in your search,

Evalyn