HYMNOLOGY-L Archives

Archiver > HYMNOLOGY > 2008-06 > 1213565704

From: commander <>
Subject: [HYMNOLOGY] SYLVIA ADUNSTAN
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 17:35:04 -0400

TODAYS HYMN : GO TO THE WORLD

Go to the world! Go into all the earth;
Go preach the cross where Christ renew's life's worth,
Baptizing as the sign of our rebirth. Alleluia!
Go to the world! Go into every place;
Go live the word of God's redeeming grace;
Go seek God's presence in each time and space. Allelia!
Go to the world! Go struggle, bless and pray;
The nights of tears give way to joyful day.
As servant Church, you follow Christ's own way. Alleluia!
Go to the world! Go as the ones I send,
For I am with you till the age shall end,
When all the hosts of glory cry 'Amen!' Alleluia!

The author of this hymn was Sylvia Dunstan. She is
listed as living from 1955 through 1993.

The music was written by Charles Villiers Stanford
who lived from 1852 through 1924.

This hymn was copyrighted in 1991 to the GIA Publi-
cations, Incorporated.

Should anyone have some DUNSTAN or STANFORD family
genealogy which would be of interest to this HYMN-
OLOGY list; you are invited to share what ever you
deem appropriate with our list at anytime.

Send all your messages to :

Your HYMNOLOGY list membership is very appreciated!

This thread: