Huguenot-L Archives

Archiver > Huguenot > 2005-10 > 1128370580

From: "HF Prioleau" <>
Subject: Re: [Huguenot] Rev. Elias PRIOLLEAU birthplace?
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 13:16:20 -0700

Ray

I have Rev. Elias/Elie PRIOLEAU born 1 Jul 1652 in Pons, Saintonge, France

However, his father, Rev Samuel PRIOLEAU, was Pastor at Jonzac from 1637, Niort from 1642, and followed Jean CONSTANS at Pons in 1654.

From these dates, it seems more likely Elias was born in Niort (the town for which you have no records)

Thanks for this observation. Unless I hear some more evidence, I will assume all of Samuel's 7 children were born in the town where Samuel was Pastor.

Best

Horry
Horry Frost Prioleau
Piedmont, CA