Huguenot-L Archives

Archiver > Huguenot > 2005-10 > 1130275941

From: "wilhelmina griffin" <>
Subject: Re: [Huguenot] MACAREE and JEVANS
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 22:32:21 +0100

Thank you Tony, my Aunt (86yrs) will be pleased to find two results for our
search for Huguenot ancestors.

The JEVANS side particularly is interesting. My Grandmother was a JEVANS
and her father a pork butcher (we always thought this a french connection
yet a group of German historians once told me that he was more likley to be
from Alsass Lorraine (Pardon the spelling).

As for my name I was called Mina, wilma bilma and many other variations
before my mother's chosen nick name won over. I have been Billie ever
since.
Thanks again,
Billie
P.S. I have a FULLER somewhere in my paperwork. A workmate/next door
neighbour who was also a wedding witness. I must look it out.