IA-CIVIL-WAR-L Archives

Archiver > IA-CIVIL-WAR > 2002-04 > 1017933542

From: "frye" <>
Subject: [IA-CIVIL-WAR] Civil War POWS
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 10:19:02 -0500

I would like to welcome those of you new to this site and tell you there are some really great folks who are willing to help just for the asking. I,
myself do Volunteer research at Andersonville Civil War Prison in Andersonville Georgia. Any research I do is absolutely at NO cost and I am
willing to do what I can.

My sources are the following.......
There are 2 online databases to do lookups.....One by name...one by Company and Regiment. I also have a copy of the Dorence Atwater Death list
which has the names and grave numbers of some 13000 graves with only 460 marked as " UNKNOWN " This along with a CD I have which contains 34,000 names of the 45,000 who
were imprisoned there which helps me find prisoner records because of misspellings of the names or alternate names. I visit the prison site every
couple of weeks and have access to the onsite databases as well as the physical files. I would like to let you know of another service I offer which is to take photos of graves for a small fee.
.I also wish to thank the patience of those regular subscribers for my frequent postings.

If there is anything I can do in helping your research at Andersonville, please just ask.

Kevin
Local Andersonville Volunteer / National Park Service Volunteer
Hammer the Americans hard enough and you forge the best weapon in the world.

--- Captain Simeon Ecuyer

...in a letter written to Colonel Bouquet during the siege of Fort Pitt

Please visit my website dedicated to those Americans who were imprisoned and died in captivity while in the service to our country

http://www.angelfire.com/ga2/Andersonvilleprison/index.html

AOL USERS go to http://hometown.aol.com/andersonvillecw/

This thread: