IA-CIVIL-WAR-L Archives

Archiver > IA-CIVIL-WAR > 2002-04 > 1018228010

From: "frye" <>
Subject: Re: [IA-CIVIL-WAR] Civil War POWS
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 21:19:28 -0400

Hi Lilly and others. Here is a great site for searching Iowa soldiers by
regiment.
http://www.iowa-counties.com/civilwar/infantry.htm

Lilly, your ancestor is listed on this site.

http://www.usgennet.org/usa/ia/county/appanoose/cw/7thinf.html#f
Shows he died December 18 1862.
In my book " The Civil War Day by Day " there are a few small notes but no
battles mentioned or any notes involving Iowa troops.

I wish I had more.

Kevin

Please visit my website dedicated to those Americans who were imprisoned
and died in captivity while in the service to our country

http://www.angelfire.com/ga2/Andersonvilleprison/index.html

AOL USERS go to http://hometown.aol.com/andersonvillecw/