IDLATAH-L Archives

Archiver > IDLATAH > 2009-09 > 1254294878

From: ,
Subject: Re: [IDLATAH] George Edward MANSON, Howard E MANSON, George P MANSON
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 07:14:38 -0000

Author: RBestrom7380
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.idaho.counties.latah/1180.2/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I found your posted family tree. I would first start with your Grandfather Howard, as he hasn't been gone for very long. I would ask family members what they remember about him. Find out who his friends were and "interview" them. If any of his keepsakes, photo albums, address books are still available, go through them. Personal stories are worth FAR more than just a picture in a newspaper. If his old high school yearbook is still available, see if he had anyone autograph it. The yearbooks are a great source to learn about family. I do see you have some newspaper articles already from Helena, MT, and Reno, Nevada. I also saw the obit of your grandfather.

Rather than go through page after page of newspapers for 30 years worth? I would suggest trying to identify certain dates in his life that was important, ie. high school graduation, college graduation (check the local paper for articles put in by his parents around that date).

Based on your family tree and the work you have put into it, I don't see you as a beginner in genealogy. You seem to know what you're doing.

There is a volunteer in Latah Co, ID, on the Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness. I'd suggest asking for advice on the best way to find articles. She has access to newspapers on microfilm; but, I doubt she would go throught very many. Microfilmed newspapers are extremely boring and painful to the eyes. http://www.raogk.org/idaho2.htm READ THE GUIDELINES FIRST.

Ron Bestrom

Important Note: