IDLATAH-L Archives

Archiver > IDLATAH > 2013-01 > 1357525770

From: ,
Subject: Re: [IDLATAH] Latah County Divorces (1933-1938)
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 02:29:30 -0000

Author: RBestrom7380
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.idaho.counties.latah/1202.2/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

The other poster wrote:
"Idaho doesn't publish many vital record dates and definitely not divorce. Since it's been over 50 years, you can order copies of the divorce record from Idaho Dept. Health & Welfare, http://healthandwelfare.idaho.gov/?TabId=82. "

NO YOU CAN'T They only have divorce records since 1947.

First, you need to cut down the potential time span from 1930 to 1938. I'd suggest requesting City Directory (Polks) lookups from 1930 which should show them together, until he or she is shown without the other person. Do the same for Baker County (Do you know the town?). This should show her as Beattie Hendrickson if she was there before marriage. (There may not be a Polks Directory for either location). Also see what school records for her children might be found in either location.

Now, Divorce records:
As I wrote for your posting on her later divorce from a later husband:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.idaho.counties.nezperce/1133/mb.ashx
(Use this as a guide for your search).

The divorce could have been in any location. I'd start by contacting the Court Clerk for each location and requesting first a name check (if they do the research), THEN decide what documents you need.

Important Note: